River Report 26 June

Hit the water yesterday for only three hours with low tide at 1315 in my area and found some improvement of the water quality in the Chic and Mattawoman. Saw a few floaters going into the Chic and fished the back with four other boats and I think all of us were only hauling water on a variety of lures. Bailed out of there at 1200 to go up to the Mattawoman and encountered another bunch of crap extending now out into the middle of the river up to the Mattawoman. Some of this stuff was 4-6' long and ranged in diameter from about 4'8" and everything in between. Strange how it appeared while I was in the Chic and thinned out to nothing at the mouth of the Mattawoman. The water looked pretty good going over the Chic (only dingy)and coming out it had turned to the beige muddy mess, but not in the creeks. It took me a while to get up to the Mattawoman at no wake speed dodging the stuff all the way to the middle of the river, so by the time I got there I only had about an hour of time left, but managed to bag a couple within 30 minutes on a bubble gum trick worm. Nothing else worked. Beautiful day though and wish I could have fished longer once I discovered the bubble gum worked.

2. Member
    Thanks for the report!
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

3. mikesxpress
    That tidal movement from Mattawoman to the sand pit below the Chic keeps that junk in there for quite awhile. It just shifts up/down the river and can't seem to get loose. Always been like that.

Hal did you see any LP bottles or picnic benches???

4. Member
    About the only thing missing Mike. I like the stuff that has a branch sticking straight up out of the water 5' and you wonder what it is attached to. You are sure right on the congregation in that area. Same as week before.

5. mikesxpress
    It will be there for quite some time. The semi-submerged stuff like a tire on a wheel is the scarry stuff.