1996 175 HP Mariner - Magnum EFI
    25p Tempest - A45 model
    80 lb 24v MinnKota Maxxum
    Humminbird Helix 10
    Humminbird Helix 7
    Garmin EchoMap 106sv w/ LS
    Dual 8' Power Poles

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    Why not quit whining and buy something different if it's such a big issue to you (which it obviously is)?
    I'm not the only one asking, if you read this thread along with many other threads many of us are asking the same question!

The reason why I keep asking is i only have a limited number of boats that I can buy for my next boat and the 1880 along with 2 Bass Cat boats are the only one's that fit in my garage. So it's important to me!

1996 Ranger R70 1998 Mercury 115
    Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strids97 View Post
    I'm not the only one asking, if you read this thread along with many other threads many of us are asking the same question!

The reason why I keep asking is i only have a limited number of boats that I can buy for my next boat and the 1880 along with 2 Bass Cat boats are the only one's that fit in my garage. So it's important to me!
    Are you sure that the 1880 with a 150 will fit in your garage ? It would be a shame with all the trouble you’re going through to get a boat manufacturer to change their production line for you and it would be a half inch to long to fit in it

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

4. Member
    They don't owe you an answer. The boat is rated for a 135, if it doesn't fit your needs, go buy another boat. Have you seen one yet in person? They really are nice boats. I saw them at the Classic. Wait until a few are on the water and see how they run. I bet they give better performance than your current boat. Or if set on a 150 go buy an Xpress or Crestliner PT 18.
    2006 Ranger Z20

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    Are you sure that the 1880 with a 150 will fit in your garage ? It would be a shame with all the trouble you’re going through to get a boat manufacturer to change their production line for you and it would be a half inch to long to fit in it
    based upon the information that I was provided it would, the 1980 is only about 6" too long otherwise that would be my choice.

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

Quote Originally Posted by teambranham View Post
    They don't owe you an answer. The boat is rated for a 135, if it doesn't fit your needs, go buy another boat. Have you seen one yet in person? They really are nice boats. I saw them at the Classic. Wait until a few are on the water and see how they run. I bet they give better performance than your current boat. Or if set on a 150 go buy an Xpress or Crestliner PT 18.
    Your missing the point, When many consumers are asking the questions they should at least answer them and since i'm not the only asking this question, there are many other guys asking the same question! No offense to Cresliner or Xpress but I do personally not like their boats although they are great looking boats, have been in both just don't like the ride and some of the small details. I'm glass guy but was exciting to see something slightly different hit the market. I want the biggest boat I can get in my garage with the biggest engine i can get on it, 150, 175, or 200. Since Bass Cat makes two boats that fits criteria, would just like another option at another price point. I'm sure if you had space constraints and only had a few options you would be more interested. Maybe if I road in one it would change my impression and physically saw one in person but there are not any dealers close to me yet.

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by strids97 View Post
    Your missing the point, When many consumers are asking the questions they should at least answer them and since i'm not the only asking this question, there are many other guys asking the same question! No offense to Cresliner or Xpress but I do personally not like their boats although they are great looking boats, have been in both just don't like the ride and some of the small details. I'm glass guy but was exciting to see something slightly different hit the market. I want the biggest boat I can get in my garage with the biggest engine i can get on it, 150, 175, or 200. Since Bass Cat makes two boats that fits criteria, would just like another option at another price point. I'm sure if you had space constraints and only had a few options you would be more interested. Maybe if I road in one it would change my impression and physically saw one in person but there are not any dealers close to me yet.
    So now we know the rest of the story . It’s Vexus’s fault that your garage is to small

It's all good !
    2016 Ranger RT188 White
    Yamaha 115 sho
    motorguide Xi5 80 with pinpoint gps
    Lowrance elite 5 ti with total scan console
    Lowrance hook 5 bow

Quote Originally Posted by Trusty Rusty View Post
    So now we know the rest of the story . It’s Vexus’s fault that your garage is to small
    Haha never said that large garages don't grow on trees in my area.

Helix 7, SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 SI/DI GPS
    Helix 5 GPS Sonar
    T-H Marine Hydro-wave 2
    Minn Kota Fortrex 80
    CMC Hydraulic Jack-plate

9. Banned
    Surely one of the companies you pro staff can pull some strings and get you a 150 on the 1880?

Quote Originally Posted by SeaBass0112 View Post
    Surely one of the companies you pro staff can pull some strings and get you a 150 on the 1880?

"The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

11. Member
    Ha now thats funny.

12. Member
    Geez, what's with the obsession with big motors and more speed? These are fishing boats, they're made for fishing. If you want to go 100mph with your hair on fire, buy a racing boat....Lol
    2018 Ranger RT178
    Yamaha 75hp
    Atlas Micro Jacker
    80lb Minn Kota Ultrex

13. Member
    forgive me, I am new and trying to understand something before I make a boat purchase.
    So the new Vexus 1880 can come with a Mercury 115 pro XS 4s with command thrust, which is supposed to have the bigger transmission and gearing from the 150 proXS.
    I heard this allows it to run with a bigger prop. not sure if this means 4 blade, more pitch or all.
    my question is what does the bigger prop do? better hole shot, more top end, less top end? or nothing or all?

The 115 would probably be enough, IF I can get it to be just a bit fast or even stay close to 50 mph with added weight
    thanks in advance for any help

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Pipercub View Post
    Geez, what's with the obsession with big motors and more speed? These are fishing boats, they're made for fishing. If you want to go 100mph with your hair on fire, buy a racing boat....Lol
    Nobody is obsessed but I for one would like to see it do mid 50s with two people and gas and live well and gear. That would allow you to cruise in the 40s and NOT have the motor screaming at maxed out RPMs to do it. It would also be a lot more efficient on fuel that running wide open to do 45. That is a LONG WAY from racing and having your hair on fire. One comment people keep missing is ... If you don't want a 150 on it, BUY A 115. But let the consumer decide. Nobody here is racing anywhere at 45 or so. With a 150, this boat would probably do mid 50s with a load. My hair doesn't catch on fire anywhere near that and you could do 45 or so without having it wide open maxxed out RPMs all the time. I will be you $100 that this boat will not do 50 with couple of Bubbas and 30 gallons of fuel and gear and 20 gal of water in livewell and the 115....maybe with one guy and not much gas and gear.
    RT188
    I LIKE boats...BUT I LOVE PLANES
    Oh yeah.... I love the RT188 too.

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ol-Blue View Post
    What changes were made to the hull design to allow larger displacement outboard?
    Without cross referencing weights of outboards, are the evinrudes and Honda’s in the 135 hp range similar in weight to the heaviest 115s?
    What changed was the #1 request for these boats was higher hp ratings.

16. Member
    Hopefully Mercury comes out with a 135 pro xs four stroke based on the 150. Then it would just be a matter of an ecu upgrade and you have your 150.

17. Member
    I believe if you interpret sclark’s thumbs up correctly that he may know that a new 135hp motor is coming. I would bet on the Mercury 135HP four stroke that has been in Australia for awhile. Watch the YouTube videos of this engine and just imagine it on the 1880. It would be more expensive ($1800?) and heavier (60lbs) than the 115hp Pro XS, but the speed! We need to go in the low to mid 50’s MPH!

I viewed all the new Vexus boats at Bunch Marine in Harriman, TN today and talked with Michael about them. He was very informative and pointed out some things I had overlooked. Answered all my questions. No doubt that I would buy from them when it’s time. I had it in my head the 1880 would be too small, but not after walking the decks of the models they have. It’s a nice size and I probably don’t need two rod boxes or a cooler, and it would fit my garage and my budget much easier. Hope we hear something about a new 135hp Mercury 4Stroke.
    Last edited by Jimbug; 01-10-2019 at 12:00 AM.

18. Member
    I saw Mercury is currently doing a 5-year warranty on new right now until March 2019. Wonder if they will have something before that ends? Evinrude has a 10-year warranty, but closest dealer i have for or if I need repair is over 2-hours away. I have three merc dealers 15 mins from the house.

19. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelman73 View Post
    I saw Mercury is currently doing a 5-year warranty on new right now until March 2019. Wonder if they will have something before that ends? Evinrude has a 10-year warranty, but closest dealer i have for or if I need repair is over 2-hours away. I have three merc dealers 15 mins from the house.
    I talked to my local Merc dealers on this question and they have heard others talk about it as well and have some pontoon guys asking. Everyone of them told me they have asked Merc about this and they said there is no plans to do a 135 Pro XS in the US. Who knows how true this is, but was just what they told me and everyone of them basically said the same thing.
    I would be curious if what anyone is told in their area.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123