Reported...
    2013 Pro Team 190
    2013 Mercury 115 Optimax Pro XS
    Minn Kota 70# Edge
    22p LightSpeed Prop
    Humminbird 898 at console
    Humminbird 598 at bow

2. Member
    So, I went to the local bass pro to get some new rain gear and they had the new 190 in stock. I like and dislike the new layout. The center storage compartment is great and was freaking huge! I'm really disappointed in the side rod lockers. The rod tubes are not angled straight and you really have to bend your rods a lot (more than I'm comfortable with) to get them in there other than a few of the top holes. The tubes are angled toward the front of the boat and they are smaller tubes than most rod tubes, and you really have to work to get a rod in all but 2-3 of them. I took 2 7'6" rods from the store and tried to get them in there, and it was not an easy fit. I asked about taking the rod tubes out and the sales person didn't know, which doesn't surprise me because I've haven't met a tracker/nitro sales person yet who was extremely knowledgeable (you might have different experiences than me). I asked if they would let me attempt to move the rod tubes to see what was behind them since it looks like there are only a few screws holding the plates, and they weren't too thrilled to let me, lol... Oh well, I tried.

I'm not trying to bash Tracker, I am a currently a Tracker owner who is interested in the 190. I was actually thinking this might be my next purchase, however, I think if I end up purchasing a 190 at this point it might be the 2018 model instead, which is a shame b/c I really wanted to like this boat. If they took the damn rod tubes out and just let you lay your rods in the locker (what I do now with rod socks), I would have probably been back the next day trying to purchase this boat. Maybe its ok to store rods bent like that? I don't know, I never have and don't feel comfortable doing so, and it would be an expensive lesson to "find out" and be wrong.

My advice is, if you are considering this boat, go grab a couple rods and try to get them in the rod lockers first before jumping on the purchase, you might be surprised/disappointed like I was.

I will take a wild guess, and say those tubes are in the foam up front. If the deck is still removable. Then it would be easy to take them out and put a ramp in. But I would have to wait until it needs new carpet.

Have an adventure everyday !
    2006 PT 175 TX 60 HP.

4. Member
    The rod tubes are indeed in the foam I just picked up my 2019 pt 190 on Saturday

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1kwksvt View Post
    The rod tubes are indeed in the foam I just picked up my 2019 pt 190 on Saturday
    Congratulations on the new boat!
    2018 Tracker Pro Team 190 TX
    115 Mercury Pro XS 4S

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Goldstar225 View Post
    Congratulations on the new boat!
    Thanks I love it so far taken it out all last weekend just have get the lowrance' setup dailed in but overall great boat

7. Member
    Any body with a new 2019 tracker 190 having any issues with the rod locker as far as having to bend the longer rods to get them in the tubes ? I'm considering getting one myself but haven't seen the new model in person yet.

8. Member
    Bassinbill188,

A few posts up I described my experience checking one out in Bass Pro using 7'6" rods. There are 3 rod tubs in the top that you can load your rods semi straight without having to store them with much flex on them, but that's about it. You're definitely going to have a hard time getting your rods in the bottom tubes. Also, the rods tubes seemed smaller than other rod tubes I've dealt with which made them even harder to get a rod in and out of. If keeping your rods bent doesn't bother you, then you'll probably enjoy this boat. I personally don't like it because I have a lot of money in each rod and I just don't like the idea of rods staying bent for a week at a time. To me, it just doesn't seem like good practice, but I'm no rod expert so who knows? I do really like the large storage compartment in the middle though. That was the best part of the upgrade that I saw.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1kwksvt View Post
    Congrats on the new boat!

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow4 View Post
    Congrats on the new boat!
    Thanks shadow4

11. Member
    Looking at buying on of these. Looks like the gas tank is still offset. Does the boat list to one side? How are you Tracker owners handling this?

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gastch View Post
    Looking at buying on of these. Looks like the gas tank is still offset. Does the boat list to one side? How are you Tracker owners handling this?
    Of course the weight does indeed shift as the tank is filled and drained however I have never noticed a difference. The batteries offset the tank and the difference between a tank 1/4 full compared to full has never been noticeable.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678