Who uses Alpha Angler Rods?

As the title states... Looking for feedback on these rods. Currently use Falcon, but the rods interest me. What are your thought? Thanks in advance!

2. Member
    A friend of mine has being using them for a season or two. He is a high end rod guy, like most of us, and if they were junk he wont recommended them or use them.

The Zila model is supposed to be awesome.

Brandon Palaniuk is pretty involved with action and design so that's a good thing.

I run a lot of Loomis NRX dropshot rods, I think the action on the Alpha Angler DSR is just as good, for half the price

4. Member
    Thanks!

5. Member
    Have a 2 DSR’s, 2 rebounds, and a mag rebound and a hitter have been highly impressed especially for price as mentioned also have high end Loomis, ,megabass,steez, abu premiers and registas and tons of others they’re my new favorite rods the rebounds are unbelievable and way lighter than you’d ever imagine
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL Pro
    2023 Pro XS 250
    Lowrance Ghost
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Lowrance HDS 12 Live
    Dual CM2 8' Blades

Tow Vehicle
    2022 GMC AT4 3500 HD Crew Cab Duramax
    2008 Dodge Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins

6. Member
    Thought I would resurrect this thread, a couple months ago I bought 3 Zillas and have been extremely impressed. Been a perfect rod for 1/2 oz jig, 5/16 - 1/2 oz texas rigs or even 1/2 - 3/4 oz football jigs. Fairly stout rod for a MH, more like a Loomis H with slightly more tip. Well balanced and great aesthetics too.

Jake was great to talk to as well, highly recommend them. Looking to get a Mag Rebound next.
    Last edited by DMart1; 11-19-2018 at 01:56 PM.

7. Member
    I have the Rebound,Zilla and Clutch. They are a well built clean rod. The Rebound being glass is light and sensitive which usually doesn't happen and the owner is great to deal with.

8. Member
    I have 3 wrench spinning rods and 2 of the slasher rods I use for jerkbait and top water.

I have a boat full of other brands (some costing much much more). I have ZERO issues recommending Alpha Angler.

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jocephus View Post
    I have 3 wrench spinning rods and 2 of the slasher rods I use for jerkbait and top water.
    How big/heavy of a topwater can you throw with the Slasher? Only has a medium 1/4-5/8oz rating why I'm curious..

I have 3 Rebounds from Jake, best crankbait rod I've used.

11. Member
    Very glad to see the positive reviews. I have been contemplating getting one of their DS rods for awhile now but I hate not being able to feel rods before I buy them. Made too many mistakes that way.

12. Member
    Very glad to see the positive reviews. I have been contemplating getting one of their DS rods for awhile now but I hate not being able to feel rods before I buy them. Made too many mistakes that way.

13. Member
    I only have one, and it is the Wrench spinning rod. I use it for shakey heads mostly. It is a good rod for the price.

14. Member
    The spinning rods are the real deal. I also have the 7'6 m casting rod and its impressive, too. Very light and powerful. Great action in the blank and high quality components.

15. Member
    I've got a DSR. It's awesome in my opinion.

16. Member
    I love my zilla. I put that thing to work this year and it really impressed me. I might have another one before spring.