Thread: New Batteries

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    My opinion is that I won't run a boat without them. I'll take basic 7" graphs, fortrex trolling motor, and a good set of lithium batteries over 12 inch graphs with poles and an ultrex (...if I was faced with a restricted budget). To each his own and if you can't justify the expense don't buy them then?

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    My opinion is that I won't run a boat without them. I'll take basic 7" graphs, fortrex trolling motor, and a good set of lithium batteries over 12 inch graphs with poles and an ultrex (...if I was faced with a restricted budget). To each his own and if you can't justify the expense don't buy them then?
    Thats cool. If I had an unlimited budget then many things in life wouldnt matter much. Its all about choices and the budget.

I agree

4. Member
    Hey to each his own. I decided to jump into the Lithium market to see how it was. I can see both sides of a arguement but if you do decide to jump off in it better for those of us to share our experiences.

I can tell you back from fishing all morning till 3 pm. Plugged in and they are charged already so a hour and they are charged. That alone is impressive when you consider when you are tournament fishing staying at a hotel and everyone is charging up I have seen my go all night in the past and wondering will mine be charged by in the morning. I can tell you they are easier to move around in the back of the boat in and out. I can also tell towing when going over rail road tracks I don’t see the trailer bounce as much ether.
    Steven Dendy-Spring Hill, KS
    2017 Phoenix 721 PRO XP 250-PRO XS
    Past Rides

​07 Triton - TR-196 200-Opti
    01 Triton - TR-21 225 HO Johnson
    93 Javelin 379T 91 Rude Intruder

83 Tidecraft - Wildfire F/S 150 Black Max

Quote Originally Posted by sdendy View Post
    Yup glad I got the Hyd make it easier now I will get back to figuring out what prop to build off of with Mark! Can't wait to find out how fast they recharge and how long they will last. Camping 3-8 might have to just see how many days I can get out of them.
    I have an Ulterra 36v, 3 hds graphs, and dual 15' Talons. My LiPO4 batteries lasted 1.5 days of use before dying. I would not advise testing them for longevity if you own an Ulterra because once the batteries are dead, you cannot stow the trolling motor. Luckily for me; I was about 4 miles from Buchanan marina just south of Paris Landing. I putt-putted there with the TM down; asked the marina if I could charge my batteries and they loaned me an extension cord to plug in. Took about 1/2 hr to put enough charge in the batteries to stow the TM. (I now carry an extension cord in the rig)

Here's my setup: 1 ea 27 Series AGM cranking + 4 ea 12v100Ah LiPO4 batteries: 1 for pumps & graphs. On my TM, I have 3 LiPo4 in series for 36v. I ran one Talon to one of the series batteries and the other Talon to another of the 36v series battery. While I know I could knock out 29 lbs if I removed one of the batteries; I feel more comfortable in insuring I'll have plenty of power to run everything on the rig for a full day.

I now charge all the batteries when I return from the lake.

I've ran 27 series AGM batteries for about 8 years. I have been replacing them every 2 - 2.5 years at $250 ea x 4 ($1,000). It was nearing the time to replace them again ($1,000) and I opted to spend another 2,000 for the LiPO4s (total 3,000), if they last between 7-10 years which should put me at better than break even...without worrying about running out of juice on the water.

Removed 3 AGM batteries @ 65 lbs each (195 lbs). Replaced with 4 - LiPo4 batteries @ 29 lbs ea (116 lbs). Even though I added 1 additional battery; I still reduced weight by 79 lbs.
    Last edited by nikldac; 07-12-2018 at 11:31 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12