Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Updating after some experimenting over the last week or so quite a bit. I've been catching a lot of fish on spinning gear lately, so I feel that I put it through the paces enough to offer another opinion on it. I'm done with the Alberto. That Shin knot or "lazy Alberto" or "half Alberto" is fantastic. It's SIGNIFICANTLY easier for me to tie, thinner, and I haven't had it break yet despite catching a couple over 5 lbs Neko rigging holes in the weeds with 7 lb Sniper as a leader on 10 lb braid. Same story with some deep weed edge fish on a drop shot - not a single issue.

Here's the knot if people want to see it without finding the other thread where it was being discussed:
    2011 Skeeter ZX225
    225 Yamaha HPDI Series 2
    Minn Kota Ultrex 112 52"
    Console: HDS 16 Carbon
    Bow: HDS 12 Carbon, Solix 12 G2, Mega 360, Garmin 106 SV, LVS 34

2. Member
    I’ve been using J knot,for for 10pd braid to 6, or 8 pd Flouro, quick and easy never an issue so far!

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DrewFlu33 View Post
    Updating after some experimenting over the last week or so quite a bit. I've been catching a lot of fish on spinning gear lately, so I feel that I put it through the paces enough to offer another opinion on it. I'm done with the Alberto. That Shin knot or "lazy Alberto" or "half Alberto" is fantastic. It's SIGNIFICANTLY easier for me to tie, thinner, and I haven't had it break yet despite catching a couple over 5 lbs Neko rigging holes in the weeds with 7 lb Sniper as a leader on 10 lb braid. Same story with some deep weed edge fish on a drop shot - not a single issue.

Here's the knot if people want to see it without finding the other thread where it was being discussed:
    I started using this knot to join main line to backer and really like its thin/short profile. I am going to try it as a leader knot today and tomorrow for 10lb fluoro to braid. I plan on giving it a workout in thick vegetation to compare to the uni-uni I have been using on mojo rigs. I hope it is as strong because it sure is easier to tie on the water and has a better profile IMO. I'm looking forward to finding out!
    1998 Tr-21, 2001 Yamaha 225 OX66

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12