Lake Trafford vs. Lake Garcia

Does anyone know which is fishing better right now? Both are about the same distance from me and I’m taking a solo trip on Friday. Last time I was at Trafford water was low and the ramp was extremely shallow but that was late March. I’ve never been to Garcia.

2. Member
    Water level should not be a problem at any lake right now. Garcia would be best having a GPS as you can get turned around and land locked in certain areas. It also helps to study the lake on google to help understand whats there before you get on the water.

3. Member
    Thanks for the response man. I’m thinking Trafford for now

4. Banned
    Fished Garcia a week or so ago, it is getting pretty thick with vegetation now. Probably won't fish it again until this winter.

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    Fished Garcia a week or so ago, it is getting pretty thick with vegetation now. Probably won't fish it again until this winter.
    Hey Aces,
    Is the east side canal from ramp open on the North end, it had been blocked from hyacinths for quite some time.

6. GTB
    I would love to see MLF fish Lake Trafford in Immokalee !

7. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by acesover View Post
    I'd be careful about saying anything regarding vegetation on this site because you may inadvertently wind up with a lake void of any good cover cause the idiots known as FWC will show up and nuke your lake leaving you with a muddy swimming pool. The thicker the vegetation the better, just trim it up and chew through it. FWC is the DEVIL in a green shirt!!!!

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SFL_BASSIN View Post
    Does anyone know which is fishing better right now? Both are about the same distance from me and I’m taking a solo trip on Friday. Last time I was at Trafford water was low and the ramp was extremely shallow but that was late March. I’ve never been to Garcia.
    If you live in Davie, why not go to Okeechobee? South bay is closer than Lake Trafford or Lake Garcia, and the fishing is pretty good if you can juggle this heat.
    2019 Vexus 1880 w/ Mercury Pro-XS 115 4-stroke, MK 80lb Fortex, Twin Helix 7 Birds, Pro II PowerPole. AEguideservice.com