2002 Nitro 901 CDX

Hello, I just bought a 901 cdx, got a good deal due to blown motor, re-powering now. I had a ranger which I loved but sold to get the nitro, which is a much larger boat. Have a few questions. Opinions on the 901 CDX? (you wont hurt my feelings), best place to get OEM replacement parts, such as hatch latches etc. Also is it possible to install a passenger console? Thanks

2. Member
    Check Great Lakes Skipper....they carry allot of OEM tracker parts.
    Not possible to install a port side console. They are made with the console from the factory.

3. Member
    Ok thank you, Yeah i know newer models have a removable console. Looking at my boat I didn't see how that was an option but still wanted to ask. Thanks again.

4. Member
    Bought my 02 901 cdx last Febuary. I have nothing but good things to say about the boat, handles water great, huge front deck, great storage. I did have a few problems with my livewells last year and losing fish, but havent came close to losing one this year. I had to replace the main power wiring with 10 gauge as my pumps were running very weak. The livewells are big and seem to be perfect this year. Definitely not the fastest boat, but the ride and fishability make up for it.

5. Member
    Thank you

6. Member
    I love my 06 nitro 901cdx. Fishes great!

7. Member
    What did you decide to re-power with?

8. Member
    I have a 2003 901CDX repowered it with a 2003 Yamaha 3.1L OX66 200. It is a great setup. Not extremely fast, but plenty for me. I get 67-68mph (gps) with a very full load. Whatever you do, don't go below a 200hp motor. It just won't perform and will use a lot more fuel than the 200. I wish you the best of luck.

9. Member
    I have had my 2000 901 for about 5 years now and it really is a good boat. Only thing is they are kinda picky on weight placement and they are heavy so not the fastest. I run a 23p Tempest and get about 64 mph out of it with a decent hole shot. With 2 guys full gear livewell and gas I get about 61-62 with my set up. They do have some issues with electrical in the regards of not using large enough wire for the needed draw. I and several others have run new pos and neg wires to help with the issues.
    Brian Walters
    2012 ZX21
    2012 Yamaha 250 SHO
    25 T1 and 26 Tempest Plus
    Helix Mega G3N, Mega 360, Ultrex 112

Used to have a 2003 901. That boat is a tank. It is a big heavy hull that handles water really well. It will never be a speedy boat so be sure to know your expectations. What it lacks in speed and performance it makes up in fishability. Fishes bigger than a 19ft boat and the storage layouts are awesome in my opinion. The identical layout as their flagship 929 at the time. I very much enjoyed and liked my 901.
    Derek Chance
    2021 Nitro Z19 Pro 200 Mercury ProXs
    BTS and KVD Line and Lure