Banned

Bullet Live Well Capacities?

Does anyone know exactly what size the live wells are in a 21XRS?

2. Member
    I figured the volume on my live well just 2 days ago and to the overflow mine figured up to be just over 28 gallons. I have a 21 xrd. I did this to figure u how much catch and release chemical to add and how much hydrogen peroxide to use on tournament days. length x width x depth figured in feet multiplied by 7.5 should get you real close.

3. Banned
    Perfect ... thanks!

4. Member
    I would not add peroxide..

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Why?

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by adam_p View Post
    Why?
    Look up Gene Gilliands articles on fish care.

BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FastBird View Post
    Why would you not add peroxide? My tournament fish are in awesome shape at the end of the day. The peroxide just drastically increases the dissolved oxygen level in the water, something the fish really need to survive. Straight water is H2O and peroxide is H2O2. The video above is very informative.

9. Member
    I would still look at Genes articles on fish care. Hyd Peroxide is fine at minimal quantities, but not so fine if overdosed. I attended a fishcare clinic earlier this year that Gene conducted. The clinic was cosponsored by the GRDA and ODWC. Gene went into detail on why peroxide is not a good additive. I've read his articles fprvthe past 20 years and his opinion on peroxide use hasn't changed.

Just for giggles...ill take some peroxide w me next time I go sandbassing. Dang near impossible to keep a box full of sands alive in 90 degree water. I'll do some experimenting on them and see what they look like when they get home.

10. Member

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by muddywaters View Post
    That is one of them. There are other articles Gene has written where he goes into detail about why he does not recommend peroxide.

But...i did read an older thread where some of Genes theory were attacked and imo...the attack had strong merit. So..I am starting to backtrack on some of his theorys/advice. Like I said, I'm gonna play with peroxide and sandbass. If it can keep 25 2.5 to 3 lb sandbass alive in 90 degree water...even partly alive..ill gladly eat crow.

The vt2 vents and fresh recirc do more than any chemical or additive. Stressed fish dirty the water up real fast.

xpress x19, 200ho G2, aluminum sawtooth cut prop, paper sack tackle storage, ugly stik pro team, color c-lector