Cabela's AGM batteries advice?

Hi all

Looking for some battery advice for cranking and trolling motor batteries

Would like to try some newer technology (AGM) rather than the old walmart reliables ..

Would appreciate any advice/suggestions as I fished first Tourney out of new to me 2013 P4 with 2013 200 Merc Pro XS with minimal electronics and was dead in the water with t motor by noon and struggled to get big motor started(believe batteries were never updated so original I would bet)...have noco 3 bank charger

Looking at Cabelas AGM 27 or larger...not if I can use same battery for cranking or better to use a optima or something else

Thanks for any info

2. Member
    Going with the group 31 AGM's would provide additional cranking amps and reserve capacity required for your Optimax and also extend your trolling motor performance. My concern would be whether your NOCO charger is compatible with AGM batteries. A charger putting out 15 amps/bank would be my preference. The Dual Pro "Professional" series is one good choice.

3. Electrical/Wiring/Trolling Motors Moderator CatFan's Avatar
    The Duracell from Sam's is a much better AGM choice than Cabela's batteries or Optimas. Cheaper and better specs.
    If you have integrity, nothing else matters. If you don't have integrity,
    nothing else matters.​

Thanks guys! "Catfan".. any suggestions on size/model duracell for my setup? Sent you PM

I've been using Cabelas AGM for my starting and trolling motor batteries for about 5 years with no complaints. I will probably give the Duracell AGM's from Sam's a try the next time I need a battery.