Monroe fishing, High School Tourny and life

Had a small club tourny on Monroe yesterday. we had 10 boats and it took 10lbs to win. I had one for 5.03lbs. Which was big enough for Big Bass. Now to the High School tourny. Wow what a mess. I know these tournys get a lot of help from guys with boats and they give time and money to help. What i saw yesterday should not be taught to kids. I saw some rude uninformed adults with High School anglers in there boat. I am affraid it is teaching kids to be disrespectful on he water. Cutting off fisherman and dangerous driving was mind blowing. We only had 10 boats and most of them had something to say about wreckless driving and being cut off. I saw a deep V Tracker running half throttle 30 feet from the bank while a bassboat was fishing, a girl was on a stand up board and a fisherman on he bank. His wake was unreal and he didnt give a sh1t. That was just one thing.. Sorry for the rant but i just coulnt believe the way the adults acted with those young anglers in the boat. Life, well all is good. Hope you guys have a good week and can get some lake time in.

Monroe. It turns people into idiots.
    Steve Sendelweck
    Phoenix 920/Mercury 250 ProXS

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Had a small club tourny on Monroe yesterday. we had 10 boats and it took 10lbs to win. I had one for 5.03lbs. Which was big enough for Big Bass. Now to the High School tourny. Wow what a mess. I know these tournys get a lot of help from guys with boats and they give time and money to help. What i saw yesterday should not be taught to kids. I saw some rude uninformed adults with High School anglers in there boat. I am affraid it is teaching kids to be disrespectful on he water. Cutting off fisherman and dangerous driving was mind blowing. We only had 10 boats and most of them had something to say about wreckless driving and being cut off. I saw a deep V Tracker running half throttle 30 feet from the bank while a bassboat was fishing, a girl was on a stand up board and a fisherman on he bank. His wake was unreal and he didnt give a sh1t. That was just one thing.. Sorry for the rant but i just coulnt believe the way the adults acted with those young anglers in the boat. Life, well all is good. Hope you guys have a good week and can get some lake time in.
    I was there yesterday and dint notice anything out of the norm monroe just sucks for boat traffic. I had just as many people cut me off in the IBF tournaments there a few weeks ago as I did yesterday

A possible suggestion would be to contact the tournament director with your concerns. If it is not addressed, it will continue as learned/acceptable behavior. Issues like you experienced need to be exposed to eliminate future situations. Another possibility would be offer to be a boater/coach for your local schools. Then you would be assured to pass on sportsmanship and courtesy to at least a few young anglers.

5. Member
    I have fished on the same lake with the HS tournies 3 times this year and it has always been like that. Cutting people
    off, running no wakes, etc. Just bad ways to teach the kids. But it’s what they watch on the big circuits, so they probably think it’s totally normal to fish like that.

6. Member
    Lets not forget the party boats pulling a skier full throttle in heavy fog at 7:30.... WOW
    2019 Triton 20 TRX Patriot, Merc 250 4 stroke

7. Member
    There are rotten apples on both sides of the fence. It will never change unfortunately.