Please Help The Kids and Parents

[IMG][/IMG]

2. Member

Just a note on the Ronald McDonald house, for those of you who have no experience. My daughter had to have a in utero surgery in May at the Hermann Memorial Children's hospital in Houston, TX. One of only 12 facilities in the USA who perform the surgery she needed. She spent 3 weeks post surgery in Houston and they provided lodging at the Ronald McDonald House. This saved me a small fortune compared to staying in a Hotel, as the Ronald McDonald house charged $25.00 per night. This fee included washing your bed sheets, providing towels and they would even send your personal laundry off to be cleaned. Oh, and that included ironing and folding....all that for $25 a night.

My wife spent a week there with my daughter and I was there for the remainder of the time. The Ronald Mcdonald house was awesome. The amount of voluteers on site is amazing. Lunch and Dinner provided each day, via donations by local businesses and this was not fast food. The food was awesome too. Absolutely an amazing experience. The experience completely changed my perspective. I routinely give to charities, but after this experience, I have shifted some of my donations to the Ronald McDonald House. Furthermore, I was fortunate enough to meet individuals from all over the world who were there due to dire medical conditions. That changed my perspective too, as I realized my problems in life paled in comparison to their journey.
    What we cannot obtain from intelligence, we can learn from experience.