Thread: Griddle

Griddle

I am looking to purchase a griddle. I know most have the blackstone. Does anyone have any experience with Academy's Outdoor Gourmet version? It appears to be very similar. And it on sale for $179.99.

Go get it for $179 you can't go wrong. I think Blackstone is having some customer service problems now
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended

3. Member
    I have the 36" (I believe) from academy and no complaints at all. I really enjoy cookin on mine!

4. Member
    If you haven't bought it yet, the blackstone 36 in on sale for prime day. $209. I just bought one, myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Bassakwards View Post
    If you haven't bought it yet, the blackstone 36 in on sale for prime day. $209. I just bought one, myself.
    I did the same thing. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. Guess it will give me something to put together and season tomorrow.

6. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bsktball55 View Post
    I did the same thing. It's supposed to be here tomorrow. Guess it will give me something to put together and season tomorrow.
    I got mine friday, put it together yesterday. Man, they make the bottom shelf fit real tight. I thought I was going to break the legs off, squeezing it in. The paper towel holder won't stay up either, not that I really care about that. They forgot to thread the piece it mounts too. Got it seasoned yesterday, going to make some fajitas on it tonight.

7. Member
    I ended up getting the stainless steel version from home depot one day they had it on sale. So far really enjoying it. Did burgers on it last night and have done breakfast several times. Can sure cook an entire meal fast.

I put mine together today. My bottom shelf took a little force, but wasn't too bad. Paper towel holder was just fine, not sure if I will use it or not. Got 4 layers of seasoning on it this evening. Might make some breakfast on it tomorrow. Got some bacon and sausage in the fridge waiting to be cooked up.

Cooked some breakfast on mine tonight. Bacon, Sausage, pancakes, and potatoes. It was great not having to clean up the kitchen from all of the grease splatters. Food turned out great as well. Could cook a whole pound of bacon at one time instead of 4 pieces at a time on the stove.

10. Member
    Debating about getting one have been sold on one now especially for breakfast

Quote Originally Posted by Rft View Post
    Debating about getting one have been sold on one now especially for breakfast
    Breakfast was great on it, nice to be able to cook everything at once without using 15 different pans.

Wait until you do pancakes. And my wife says she will never eat another grilled hamburger after eating a griddle smashburger
    You can censor my speech but not my thoughts or will
    We are living in a time where intelligent people are being silenced so stupid people won't be offended