The backlash was strong

Earlier this week i posted a rant about a certain City Council member wanting to do away with gravel driveways. I and many other residents called on our District reps with pictures to straighten this guy out and it worked. My rep called me back and assured me "it ain't gonna happen". This council member was newly elected and all the problems seem to be in his district according to my rep. It also just happens that all the sand, gravel and concrete companies are in his district. Here is the latest from the rep walking it back.

http://www.cjonline.com/news/2018062...in-front-yards

2. Member
    Clearly the guy is an idiot. How in the hell does vehicles or trailers being parked on grass help criminals hide?

You can't fix stupid.
    99 Ranger 217 Cherokee w/115hp Evinrude

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by badbaggerHD View Post
    Clearly the guy is an idiot. How in the hell does vehicles or trailers being parked on grass help criminals hide?
    The grass is pampas grass five feet tall.
    Praying for a Cure

5. Member
    He might be a member of the Westboro Baptist church.

6. Member
    Been a few years since I lived there but methinks during that time they passed a requirement that you had to have at a minimum a gravel pad to park your vehicle on. In other words , no parking in the yard/grass.
    GETFISHED !!!

7. Banned
    Looks like they need to worry more about their city sidewalks for trip hazards than people parking in their own yard. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen the way people are so sue happy these days.

City says you can't park in the grass here in good ole Clarksville
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

Quote Originally Posted by Imavol View Post
    You can't fix stupid.
    TRUE! But, you don't have to elect it to office!
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sdbrison View Post
    City says you can't park in the grass here in good ole Clarksville
    It's that way in Louisville KY too. Pretty common thing actually. Has to be parked on a "hard and durable surface" I believe is how it was worded in Louisville. The ordinance primarily exists for drainage reasons.

11. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bullet20vee View Post
    Looks like they need to worry more about their city sidewalks for trip hazards than people parking in their own yard. That's a lawsuit waiting to happen the way people are so sue happy these days.
    The city has a law here that requires the property owner to "maintain" the sidewalks which does not include replacement of the walk by the property owner. The law is written so that neither the city or the property owner is liable unless there is a one inch difference in the walk, then it ultimately falls on the city. The city can fix the walk or put in a new one and bill the property owner for the work. The property owner can choose to fix the walk and apply for 50/50 funding from the city if the money is available. I would replace the section of walk in the picture applying for the 50/50 match or if not available i would do the repair of that section myself at my cost, it is not that hard to fix. If i'm not mistaken the trailer in the pic is for sale but i would have parked it in the driveway if it were mine.