Alarm - Quick beep and all four lights

1999 Ficht 200 I'm getting a guick beep and all four lights flash. Usually right after getting on plane it will do it a couple times then not do it again until another take off. I'm gonna order the diagnostic software but ant help in the mean time would be appreciated.

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I'd try removing the 8 pin harness from the back of the gauge and cleaning the pins with contact cleaner and reseating the harness and see how that does, it may be a bad gauge or connection.

3. Member
    Thanks. I’ll do that and see what happens.

4. Sprint Boats Moderator Bassmeister's Avatar
    Usually means a loose or bad connection somewhere...

5. Member

Might have found the problem

The connection on the back of the tach was clean and tight so I pulled the cover off the motor and found the plug for the main power relay looks like it got hot. Because it’s connected to the ignition switch could it caused the alarm to beep and lights to flash?

What do I need to look at to figure out what caused this.

Attached Images Attached Images

6. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    A bad battery ground or a bad motor ground.

7. Member
    Bad ground was what I thought and found the stud on the starter that the ground wires connect to wasn’t as tight as I thought it should be so I snugged it down. I recently had the starter loose so I could pull it back and look at the drive gear and it must have loosened up then. I hope that was what was causing the alarm. I’ll find out when I get back to the lake. Thanks for the help!

8. Member
    i found the problem and it was an easy fix. The hold down on my starting battery had broke and the battery was sliding around when I would take off and connections were a little loose, I put a new hold on it and tightened everything and no more alarm.

9. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar

No wing nuts on the battery!!! Use a star washer and nut.
    2000 Javelin Renegade 20 DC.
    Strong men create easy times, Easy times create weak men & weak men create hard times. Sheikh Rashid bin Saeed Al Maktoum
    In 1944 18-20 year old's stormed beaches, and parachuted behind enemy lines to almost certain death.
    In 2015 18-20 year old's need safe zones so people don't hurt their feelings. "Author Unknown"
    In 2021 18-40 year old's want to and work to cancel you out if you have a different opinion.

11. Member
    I finally found the true problem after loosing all power while fishing a tournament. The solder connection on the circuit board for the power wire going into the power distribution box was broken. I re soldered it put the box back together and everything works again. I took it out on Lake of the Ozarks Saturday afternoon in the rough water and everything still worked and no more alarms.

12. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar