4 beeps when started motor

I have a 2017 919 that I just got still getting used to it but I fished a tournament to day everything was fine till about mid day once I start the motor (Merc 225) she kicks over and right after that I would get 4 beeps . I’m thinking it’s a warning for low oil I had a little more then 1/4 left I’d say .. but not sure motor runs fine. Only does it when I start it
    Shimano and Gloomis kick @ss, 17 Phoenix 919 225 Merc

2. Member
    It is a low oil warning for the small tank on the motor not the reserve tank in the boat. Try not to let the tank get that low as there is a possibility to allow air in the system if the water is rough. It is recommended to keep the main tank between 40 and 80%. The small tank on the motor should have NO air at all. Correct way to get the air out is to take the cowling off, remove the cap from the tank, and start the motor. It will pump oil to fill the small tank and as soon as the tank is about to spill over put the cap back on. If the tank does not fill up then you could have another problem.

George Brock

2015 920 Pro/XP
    2015 Mercury 250 Pro/XS
    Twin 8' Powerpole Blades

3. Member
    My motor did this as well. Oil level was fine. It turned out to be the Throttle Position Sensor. Very easy fix, it only took a few minutes for the mechanic to replace it. The dealer, or your mechanic, should be able to diagnose the problem when they plug it into their laptop. The mechanic told me that it was a very common problem with the Mercury ProXS. Not sure if this is whats going on with your motor but if topping your oil off doesn't fix the problem you may want to have it checked. Hope this helps.