GT150 fuel pickup...

1985 GT150
    Model: J150STLCOH
    Serial:
    J6131805

1985 Ranger 340V - w/ 33gal plastic fuel tank.
    - fuel pump, all hoses, bulb, and filter in engine have all been replaced.

What happened: It has been a little spongy at full throttle - like a fuel issue. I replaced the fuel pump with one from MasterTech Marine, and that didn't really change anything. The last time out at full throttle, she dropped RPM like crazy - thought it was blown. - looked back and the bulb was sucked flat. - once rpms dropped, she picked back up - and has been fine since, but will not keep fuel pressure at full throttle. - since the bulb is sucking in, I am guessing it is at the tank - either pickup or anti-syphon valve.

I do not think the elbow on this tank has an anti-syphon valve, but it's been a minute since I looked at it.

While I am off the lake for a bit, I'd like to order a new elbow and fuel pickup for the tank.

Does anyone have any tips on getting the right parts ordered? I travel for a living, so I don't have access to the boat.

Thanks fellas-

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    I would contact Ranger parts with the HIN and order the pickup and elbow. If the tank isn't from Ranger then contact the tanks manufacture and order it from them. In most cases the pickup can be removed from the tank and inspected and cleaned and the anti siphon valve can be knocked out with a hammer and punch.