Db35 zinc coated, aluminum, or stainless

Had a piston seize and I’m in need of new calipers. For freshwater only use will I see a significant difference in longevity by going with the cheaper zinc plated over the aluminum or stainless?

If you never see brackish water, I wouldn't hesitate using the zinc plated. Not sure what the DB35's are made of on my trailer as they are painted the same color as the trailer. The aluminum calipers are not much more than the zinc plated ones as compared to the stainless steel. The description for all 3 types say that they provide superior corrosion resistance.
    2006 Triton TR-21 XD, Mercury 225 Pro XS, S/N 1B287870

3. Member
    Thanks. That was my confusion as well. The pistons are a little different on each model. The zinc comes with chrome plated pistons while the aluminum and stainless comes with a stainless piston. The ones on my 2008 marine master trailer were aluminum but the pistons seized. Not sure if the pistons were stainless in 2008 but mine look more chrome. Little over 40 bucks difference between the two options by the time I buy a set. Not too excessive of an amount but enough to do some research over.

4. Member
    I had one seize up and bought 2 zincs. Put one on and it’s been fine and carry one as a spare now.

5. Member
    I went ahead and bought 2 aluminums and a new actuator. The old one leaked and ate all the paint off the bottom of the swing away tongue. I should have just pulled the lines out of the thing and run a 3/4 bolt through the tongue and actuator and been done with it. Not sure why anything under 5000 lbs needs brakes anyway.

6. Member
    Zinc