Queston on Ram vertical swing arm mount for Garmin 73DV

I am going to install this on the starboard side drivers seat. What size screw and length to use to get a good mount. I will be using it for a Garmin 73DV. The boat is an 1850 Ranger Reata 2012

2. Member
    Biggest screw that will fit in the mount well. I think mine are #12. I get the countersunk ones with the domed head instead of just flat. You can get a deeper bite on the Phillips then. Of course if you could use bolts with nuts on the back would be even better.

Swing arm mounts are the best I’ve found. Built like a tank and still has plenty of adjustability.

3. Member
    Sorry just noticed you said vertical. Mine are all horizontal mount but I’d assume they would be the similar.

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by puhlw View Post
    Biggest screw that will fit in the mount well. I think mine are #12. I get the countersunk ones with the domed head instead of just flat. You can get a deeper bite on the Phillips then. Of course if you could use bolts with nuts on the back would be even better.

Swing arm mounts are the best I’ve found. Built like a tank and still has plenty of adjustability.
    I will check out the #12 screw. Will also look for the dome head instead of flat, thank you an yes mine is vertical ram mount

5. Member
    I had marine mechanic install my Gt15 for my 840xs and he also installed my Ram mount. We talked over where to put it, with his help he installed it to the left of the dash. I can swing in perfect postion when driving, plus if needed can also swing toward bow fishing in the bow. I can remove most of it, if grandkids aboard so its out of the way.