What’s the chick looking like ?

Was thinking about riding down in the morning. How are things looking ?

2. Member
    Fished Morris Creek Wednesday and was pretty normal water color. Two of us caught about 25-30 fish.
    2013 Phoenix 721 XP
    2013 Mercury 250 Pro XS
    Lowrance HDS Carbon 9 and HDS 9 gen 3
    Twin 10' Talons

Quote Originally Posted by riverrat29 View Post
    Was thinking about riding down in the morning. How are things looking ?
    If you do go let us know how it looks.
    The wife and I are going somewhere Tuesday and Gordon's Creek is on the short list.

4. Member
    I ended up going for a bit and got down there around 6AM. It was the only day I had to look around before a small tourney on this coming Sat. Was not feeling well so I left around 10:30. I don't fish the chick hardly at all anymore for sake of no time it seems and all the traffic getting to and from. Did not boat a bass. (Imagine that, the best fishery in state) Seems strange as I heard the top water bite was on pretty good up river. The folks out fishing were moving around allot and I did not see anybody else catching much either. Fished up from Helen's to about the dam, hitting a few areas here and there I have been successful on before. There were some boats fishing areas that I would have stopped on as well but I was merely looking around. Water was a little higher than norm at low tide that morning but it looked fine. I imagine the lake looked like crap since everything above the dam was well over the banks. I guess I was just not on my game. But pads looked "froggy" and the blue gill were popping too. Pitched a few trees,duck blinds, and fished the front of two smaller creek holes, but mostly stayed on main river. Never got a chance to look down river but I am sure I will hit a few areas down there during the tourney. I used to live down that end until the fishery changed with all the grass up river.