Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Asshat at the ramp

Current was roaring in the creek where the launch is because today was the first day it hasn't rained in the last 10 days. Ramp is wide enough for 1 big boat and 1 small boat and the creek barely 40ft wide at this point. There is a spillway about 30 yards downstream so there is zero room for error. It's about 11:30 and we pulled up to load with 2 other boats at the same time. There is a guy in his 50's and another in his 20's, possibly father and son blocking the good (upstream) side of the ramp trying to figure out how to launch their Tracker. They both looked like they could have been thrown off the set of Deliverance for being too creepy. A Skeeter loads up first and the younger of the 2 creeps is yelling at the older one to help him with the boat. I back the trailer down and have to wait because the Tracker is now blocking my ramp because tweedle dee and tweedle dum only had 1 rope on the bow of the Tracker. They get it straightened out, and I back in. I we load up and as I'm pulling away, I hear the younger guy yelling at the older guy, "Move the truck, there are people waiting!" This guy had the gall to yell back "I don't care how long they have to wait, they've been out having fun all morning" and he just sat there blocking the ramp making it difficult for the 3rd guy to load up.

2. Member
    1988 Ranger 364V
    150HP Merc Black Max

3. Member
    Were they playing banjos?

4. Banned
    Sorry about that

5. Member
    No BBC kick to the nuts?
    Praying for a Cure

Sucks being the 3rd guy.
    1996 ProCraft 185 DC Pro, Mercury EFI 150

7. Member
    - someone should just pop their tires !

8. Member
    First world problems

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by Gale1980 View Post
    First world problems
    Yep you have to dig really deep just to find something in order to publish a Rant now days........

Not everybody is as skilled at loading a boat or has the experience of BBC members...

So maybe in difficult conditions you described maybe they were doing the best they could and the old guy was probably getting frustrated with the young guy hollering at him so it might have been a good time to lend just a little assistance to keep things moving on the ramp you might have discovered these fellows you describe as Creepy were really nice people who would have helped you out someday....

10. Banned
    Not sure what op calls creepy, could be country boy creepy or Chicago subarbs creepy. Your mileage may vary.

I can't stand the lazy ass tournament fishermen,pleasure boaters, recreational fishermen that can't muster up the energy to close their door. I backed down within an inch of one today and the lady of the bunch never spit out a word that wasn't dirty. Her husband who left door open just looked down at ground.

Sit back crack a beer and deal with it why stress
    HARD WORK BUILDS CHARACTER

12. Member
    I would’ve offered to help.... if I’m returning to the ramp, I’m not in that big of a hurry... what you gonna do, load the boat, go home and watch fishing on tv?

13. Member
    I agree, there are times that some asshat gets on your very last nerve and it burns your ass. I just curse them out. Sometimes out loud in the confines of my truck, and never out the window, venting even to yourself makes me feel better.
    Last night I was late for an engagement and needed gasoline. I pulled up at the pumps at B.J.'s and all were full so I got behind a guy that had been fueling his SUV for a while because I knew he should be done soon. As i sat there waiting I noticed he didn't have the pump on automatic, and after 5 minutes he still wasn't done, the other vehicles had come and gone and I didn't. I finally gave up and got out of that lane and went to the other side where I had to stretch the hose over the truck bed. I had a half a tank in before he got finished. There are occasions that really irk us, and many times they have to do with waiting on people that just don't get what sharing and caring mean.

14. Banned
    I woke up to this alert this morning...

This is an important message from CHARLOTTE COUNTY

CCSO is currently investigating a disturbance that occurred at the Harbor Heights Civic Association. Shots were fired and there are multiple victims with injuries. The investigation is very active at this time. Four victims are being treated for gunshot injuries. The incident occurred at a private party between attendees. The disturbance was isolated to this location.

The Harbor Heights boat ramp is closed at this time due to the crime scene processing.

15. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yep you have to dig really deep just to find something in order to publish a Rant now days........

Not everybody is as skilled at loading a boat or has the experience of BBC members...

So maybe in difficult conditions you described maybe they were doing the best they could and the old guy was probably getting frustrated with the young guy hollering at him so it might have been a good time to lend just a little assistance to keep things moving on the ramp you might have discovered these fellows you describe as Creepy were really nice people who would have helped you out someday....
    The issue wasn't that they had issues unloading. As i said, the current was ripping. The issue was the ignorant comment and actions that followed. Get your boat in the water, park your truck, and be on your merry way. Don't purposely block the ramp out of spite of people who "Enjoyed themselves on the lake all day"

16. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billnorman1 View Post
    I agree, there are times that some asshat gets on your very last nerve and it burns your ass. I just curse them out. Sometimes out loud in the confines of my truck, and never out the window, venting even to yourself makes me feel better.
    Last night I was late for an engagement and needed gasoline. I pulled up at the pumps at B.J.'s and all were full so I got behind a guy that had been fueling his SUV for a while because I knew he should be done soon. As i sat there waiting I noticed he didn't have the pump on automatic, and after 5 minutes he still wasn't done, the other vehicles had come and gone and I didn't. I finally gave up and got out of that lane and went to the other side where I had to stretch the hose over the truck bed. I had a half a tank in before he got finished. There are occasions that really irk us, and many times they have to do with waiting on people that just don't get what sharing and caring mean.
    I ran into that guy last weekend. Was on the way to the ramp and stopped to fill up tbe boat. The way you turn into the gas station, if you are pulling a trailer, there is only 1 set of pumps that are easy to access. He was at the front pump and I couldn't pull up far enough to gas up tbe boat so i waited and waited. The guy was stuck on slow. He filled up the minivan, then proceeds to open all the doors on the van and start throwing out his garbage. I was frustrated by now and backed out on to the highway to get to another set of pumps. So im putting gas in the boat and he's washing the minivan with the window squeegee.......and, according to others here on bbc, I'm the bad guy....

17. Member
    The way I look at is if these are the only problems you have in life then you got it made. I see a lot of you are the road rage crowd every one talks about. They had a road rage incident near here a while back. A guy bumped the car in front of him. The driver in the front car got out walked back to the driver of the other car and shot him. Now if this happens to you you have something to vent about if you can.

Quote Originally Posted by brucekgreen View Post
    Were they playing banjos?
    Chicago suburbs most likely a fiddle or like they call them a violin
    Putting a clown in the castle doesn't make him a king, it turns the castle into a circus

Another reason I very very seldom fish on the week-ends----- unless it is late winter early spring or late fall.

20. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bassman Ia. View Post
    Another reason I very very seldom fish on the week-ends----- unless it is late winter early spring or late fall.
    This for sure^^ weekend fishing is not worth the trouble

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast