Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Banned
    Filling up with gas when pulling a boat can get you crazy also. Pumps are easy to get to and you have been waiting and some butthead pulls right into the lane you were going to use.

2. Member
    Not wanting to go to jail for causing a disturbance,I generally try to control my temper. I either change lanes or just go to another gas station. You just run into people with no manners from time to time. At pumps at a Chevron a while ago,watched a guy cut another guy off. The guy that was cut off jumped out and took a picture of the guy's tag. The guy that did the cutting off walked over to him and his phone and slapped it out of his hand. The guy with the phone doesn't react,tucked his tail between his legs and leaves. Don't know of anything happening after that. The guy with the phone was probably a BBC member!

3. Member
    Sorry I'll pick a different rampnext time.
    ~~1995 Gambler~~

Mercury 250 ProXS
    Bobs 10" AJ
    Dual Power Poles
    2-HB 1199's HB 1158 HB 597 in dash
    Ultrex 112

"Runs like a cheetah... with his @$$ on fire"

4. Ya, I Live on Rainy Lake! basscla's Avatar
    What..... No BBC asswhoopin or hitting the old guy with a 1oz jig.

Quote Originally Posted by m.t.hands View Post
    Chicago suburbs most likely a fiddle or like they call them a violin
    Guy was probably sporting a man bun too.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

6. Banned
    That is a lot of typing for what is a fairly normal and very minor ramp “incident”.

you are great at name calling though.

7. Member
    Had a runabout pull a tube on plane through the no wake zone all the way to the courtesy dock as we were putting in the other evening. They then proceeded to take up the whole dock while they deflated tubes and stored things. I just pulled back onto the ramp to pick up partner as I have a keel shield. No consideration anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yep you have to dig really deep just to find something in order to publish a Rant now days........

Not everybody is as skilled at loading a boat or has the experience of BBC members...

So maybe in difficult conditions you described maybe they were doing the best they could and the old guy was probably getting frustrated with the young guy hollering at him so it might have been a good time to lend just a little assistance to keep things moving on the ramp you might have discovered these fellows you describe as Creepy were really nice people who would have helped you out someday....
    Agreed. A little assistance goes a long way to someone who is frustrated and maybe not as well practiced. Also a great opportunity to coach up a fellow boater. I get the frustration, and I'm certainly not guilty of rampside anger. One day you might be the one who needs help, who knows?
    Azure AZ200 (with stuff like cupholders, bathroom and table)

9. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basscla View Post
    What..... No BBC asswhoopin or hitting the old guy with a 1oz jig.

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

10. Ohio Fishing Reports Moderator omcforever's Avatar
    People are soon to forget we where all "that guy" once,,,,,,,

Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill !!

11. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by omcforever View Post
    People are soon to forget we where all "that guy" once,,,,,,,
    This, there was 3 guys at the ramp last weekend with a new tracker. They were having a heck of a time. Thought to myself that was me once. Gotta learn at some point.

12. Member
    I launch and fish by myself quite often, so when I see someone launching alone, I always ask if they need any assistance. I know lots of times I wish I had someone offer.

13. Member
    ​It's all about choice y'all.

14. Member
    I have seen worse. Glad you were finally able to load out.

15. Banned
    Pure comedy gold in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post
    Yep you have to dig really deep just to find something in order to publish a Rant now days........

Not everybody is as skilled at loading a boat or has the experience of BBC members...

So maybe in difficult conditions you described maybe they were doing the best they could and the old guy was probably getting frustrated with the young guy hollering at him so it might have been a good time to lend just a little assistance to keep things moving on the ramp you might have discovered these fellows you describe as Creepy were really nice people who would have helped you out someday....
    If you aren't skilled enough to get it done, don't do it in this high stress area.
    Denalirods.com
    Solarbat.com

17. Ft Gibson Lake America lakefolk's Avatar
    whatever you do don't help em...........

"Being a winner is more than getting a first place trophy, it is acting like the effort was an honor and the trophy is just a decoration."

"A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him"

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    Quote Originally Posted by ou1dadgumit View Post
    If you aren't skilled enough to get it done, don't do it in this high stress area.
    OK I'll just add that to the rest of the BBC Unwritten Rules will put it in Section B.S. Article 100,001. I assume the penalty for violating this rule is the same as most of the others 1-3 oz jig up the side of the head, impaled with the razor sharp hooks on a Giant Muskie Bait or an Azz Whupping administered by an Official BBC Enforcer.

19. Member
    I'd rather go to the launch ramp on Saturday evening than the Comedy Club on Saturday night.

Dealt with this last night, couple azzhats loaded their boat then decided to sit there and talk. I asked them to move and they cussed leaving out but they still moved. Is it always the pleasure boaters?
    @kennethandmacy
    2004 Triton 196
    200 Merc
    1199/898

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast