Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle35 View Post
    If you read the report that Bayou Wormy posted, it states on page 10 that certain areas are silting in and deep water habitat is being lost. I agree that this is the most damaging factor, and there’s not much that can be done.

What y’all have to remember is that the Atchafalya Basin is managed as a Floodplain/Spillway not a trophy bass lake.
    You are....fired!!!!

If you read the report that Bayou Wormy posted, it states on page 10 that certain areas are silting in and deep water habitat is being lost. I agree that this is the most damaging factor, and there’s not much that can be done.

What y’all have to remember is that the Atchafalya Basin is managed as a Floodplain/Spillway not a trophy bass lake.

This is happened to a local lake around here “Cenla” that pretty much died. Man made deep cuts\Canals helped the fishery. Still, when their biting the local rake it. The state as a whole needs slot or minimum size limits IMO. There’s lakes in Texas nobody knows about where they catch 7-9lb bass daily that get thrown back due to management practices. Things need to change here

3. Banned
    Plus: No telling what comes down with the high water. Chemical's from the farm lands etc.

4. Member
    I went to Spillway Friday and Saturday for the first time in a year. I never seen 1 blade of grass anywhere!! The only reason I went Saturday was to try and find grass. I went to places that was choked with grass last year and it’s completely gone now! It blew my mind!!! I was trying to do a little scouting for the coalition tournament on the 21st. Hell, 12 pounds may be a huge sack in the spillway right now!!

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lakebouef5 View Post
    You are....fired!!!!
    Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers...I’m just calling it how I see it.

6. Member
    Didnt mean to ruffle your feathers...I’m just calling it how I see it.
    Who told you the basin was managed as a ...spillway???

7. Member
    The way I understand it, the Atchafalaya Basin gets 30% of the Mississippi Rivers’s flow. It’s diverted at Old River I believe. When the Mississippi is up, then the Basin is up...when the Mississippi falls the Basin falls. That’s what I meant by it’s a spillway/flood plain.

8. Member
    The way I understand it, the Atchafalaya Basin gets 30% of the Mississippi Rivers’s flow. It’s diverted at Old River I believe. When the Mississippi is up, then the Basin is up...when the Mississippi falls the Basin falls. That’s what I meant by it’s a spillway/flood plain.
    I am just kidding with you fella. They do manage it as a spillway...anything else, they could care less. Other states, like Florida and Texas, realize the economic impact their natural resources attract, and manage them with that also.....in mind. Not, in Lousyana.....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123