Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I towed my friend's Phoenix. Best towing boat I have ever towed.

2. Banned
    I've owned 2 Rangers (including a 520), a Skeeter ZX200, Stratos 201, Cobra 201, and my Phoenix 721. 721 has definitely been the best rough ride and fastest, although the Stratos 201 was fast for the 200 I had on it and a good rough ride, you just had to screw everything back together after a day on Erie. The Ranger was a battleship, strong, but you had to plow waves, running over the top of them challenges your spinal cord. The Ranger I owned had a better fit & finish than my 721. Other than the oil bath hubs on my Ranger Trail, I like the Phoenix Trailers better. Love the Gator Hyde. The Ranger had a better fishing platform but only in terms of the width up front compared to my 721 (I believe 920/921 would be comparable to 520). I personally would pay more for a Phoenix than a Ranger, but for some reason, we don't have too!

Well I went out and laid my hands on my trailer tongue last night and I will be damned...mine has that same vertical play. I guess I will be taking a look at it when I get home while there is some sunlight and seeing where the issue lays.

4. Member
    I love my bird! When it came time to sell my Ranger, I explored every option out there. Rode in a Phoenix and was sold. The trailer is one my favorite things about it. Sits nice and low, I can reach the center of the boat while standing on the ground. With the slam latches I can open most of doors with out getting in the boat. I had the trick step welded on at the factory and that is one of the best things I did. The trailer pulls better than anything I have experienced. The shocks make a big difference. Kinda wish I could deal with Phoenix on the trailer warranty, but I don't foresee any issues.

Agree 100% on the trailer. I don't see many mention this but it tows beautifully, and sits very low so its very easy to get in and out of the boat.
    2024 Phoenix 21 XE - Mercury 250 PRO XS Serial #3B429919
    2017 Phoenix PHX 21 - Yamaha 250 SHO
    2010 Skeeter 20i - Yamaha 250 SHO
    1988 Procraft 1780 Competitor - Mercury 100

6. Member
    OP. Take a test drive and decide for yourself.

7. Member
    Just circling back on this.....does anybody know if a Phoenix can be purchased without a trailer?

My 2018 21 PHX is for sale at a smoking price!!!! And it loaded down and in Texas!

9. Member
    I don't know if speed matters to you but I have never had another boat pass my 721 and fully loaded with 2 ten foot power poles. The rough water ride is much better in my 721 then the z520 I have been in. The only complaint that I have is the stock trim/gas gauge did not work right on my 721 so I just took it out and replaced it with a Merc Monitor. When the water is rough you will think that your driving a rocket ship because it is then really easy to pass other boats because they can't hang. The 721 is plent big enough deck for me and I'm never stepping on poles when fishing. Make sure your cull tags have floats because the live wells are so big you have to go swimming for your fish if you don't.

10. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbp84 View Post
    Go buy the boat go elsewhere to buy a trailer
    yes trailer suks
    2016 Phoenix 920,Garmin's 7600's, Power Poles,Lithium Pros,Rigid Industries

11. Member
    I don't have any idea what you guys are talking about with the trailer having problems. I have owned 2 Birds "2012 and 2018" the only problem I ever had with the trailer was a Vault hub had a slight leak and that was after 5 years and 75,000 miles of use. Parts were sent at no charge to my front door and had them in two days.

I have owned 4 other non Phoenix brand boats and all 4 used the same Fulton jacks and winches also all the 4 other brand boats used the same brand and company for the breaks and hubs. I can tell you all my other brands of boats the trailers were loaded with stone chips by the end of year one of use and showed signs of rust by year 2. With the Phoenix trailer they provide no charge Gator Hyde and the day I sold my 2012 it looked as good as the day I picked the boat up new with not one chip in the trailer. In fact as far as I know not all, but most bass boat companies use Marine Master for the trailer regardless of the brand of boat. In my opinion the Phoenix trailer is the best I have owned.

I have a 2014 920xp and absolutely love it. Smooth ride and plenty of platform to fish from. Only issue I have ever had was a tire blew and damaged the fender. Had the little cover come off the actuator on the trailer and Marine Master sent me another free of charge. Honestly just has been the best boat I have had. When I sell this one, I will for sure find another Bird.

13. Banned
    I recently went from Ranger to Phoenix and read lots about trailer problems. I actually like it better than the Ranger Trail. Super easy to load and the boat is way softer in rough water. But ride both in multiple conditions and pick what suits your budget

14. Member
    There is a good Phoenix dealer between Fort Worth and Dallas that I have bought two birds from very reasonably priced too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12