Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    Fiberglass to aluminum and back to fiberglass for me. My main problem with aluminum was it felt like I had to be on top of the trolling the trolling motor at all times in winds above 7 MPH

I had a champion and traded for a triton vt 19. Used it a couple of years and went back with fiberglass triton 19XS. Wind blew that aluminum hull around like a tin can. Rough water would beat you to death. I tried it and won’t go back....unless someone gives it to me.
    2021 Phoenix 21PHX

3. Member
    I fish in the wind with ease, can run 70+ and have 0 stability issues with my Xpress X19...guess its all about what kind of tin boat you choose.

Steve Dyer
    Mt. Pleasant, NC

4. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveDyer View Post
    I fish in the wind with ease, can run 70+ and have 0 stability issues with my Xpress X19...guess its all about what kind of tin boat you choose.
    Its all in the tin setup. When you compare top of the line fiberglass boats to top of the line tin boats there is really is no downside to tin unless you just want to spend a bunch more money.

5. Member
    I went from glass to tin then back to glass simply because of having to stay on trolling motor so much. Was fishing a drop 35 feet deep one night with a slight breeze coming out of hollow & couldn’t stay on it at all in an H-56 xpress & that was the icing on the cake. I absolutely could not hold on it at all because of wind pushing back of boat around. Next time I went back there I was in glass & have been ever since. The H-56 was a great boat, but wind was it’s down fall for sure.

6. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by g352nv View Post
    Aluminum is too unstable.
    rangers rts are very stable basstracker not so much

7. Member
    I did the same thing. I drank the cool aid too. Listened to everyone talk about how aluminum was just as good as fiberglass. Dropped a bunch of money ordering a x19 Xpress and was disappointed to say the least. The ride, driveability and fit and finish had a lot to be desired compared to a glass boat. I'm back in a glass boat now and won't do that again.
    2021 caymas cx21

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12