Interesting Choice Nitro

Was in the Atlanta BPS yesterday just poking around with my son, they had a Z21 on the floor with a Merc 300 Racing Opti and a Z20 with a 200 Opti Pro XS, yes that is not a typo, a 200. Who is placing the orders for these floor boats anyway???

2. Member
    It’s a price point thing. Someone will buy it then realize they should have.

3. Member
    Resale value would suck big time but the Nitro website shows this to be 58 to 67 mph boat with a 200 which is not bad. The speed ratings they give for my Z19 were pretty much spot on if that means anything. I will say my 200 Optimax is a pretty stout engine. Personally I wouldn't touch it unless I knew it would be my last boat, ever, and the price was beyond good. There was a 17 leftover Z19 at our local BPS with a 175 that sat forever but was gone the last time I was in there. I learned my lesson when I bought a leftover 09 Triton 19X3 in 2010. It was rated for a 225 but had a 200. Ran great and would hit 65 mph but when it came time to sell it took me 5 months and a pretty good price reduction. I did have a cushion because I had bought it so low or it would have been ugly.
    Jim
    2023 Triton 19 TRX Patriot, gunmetal/carbon mist/silver mist, 225 Merc Pro XS, SN 3B265119

4. Member
    I's about the price point. We see people all the time say they don't care about speed. They just want the cheapest they can get.
    2022 Skeeter ZXR20

If they are a Repower center They can still swap the motor easily enough
    Mercury 250 proxs 2B115089

6. Member
    Could just be trying to get rid of the Optimax's they have left. That Z21 with the 300 is a beautiful boat.

They will find buyers for them faster then you think. If you think like a tournament fisherman, you will quickly find out your in the minority. To me color is the one thing that will make a boat sit on the floor for a long time.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team

8. Member
    Bryan is right. Not everybody that buys a boat is looking for best performance. I have sold tons and tons of boats to a guy that lives in a big cove and needs to never leave that cove, or a person that wants a 20' boat that fishes in the river off his back yard that never gets a boat on plane. Subdivision of people in a private 20 acre lake that cant have over a 25 hp engine but need a 18' boat for all there kids to fit.

9. Member
    You also have grandfathers buying 18,19,20 foot boats for their grandson son on the high school fishing team and he dosn't want to unleash the kid with a 70MPH beast.

10. Member
    I have a 200 on my Z20 and it'll run 65 loaded. Both my previous Z21's with 250 only ran 68 loaded. I had it pre sold at end of year and that's what he wanted. $4400 for another 5mph wasn't worth it to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Silas79 View Post
    You also have grandfathers buying 18,19,20 foot boats for their grandson son on the high school fishing team and he dosn't want to unleash the kid with a 70MPH beast.
    Every high school tournament I have seen requires an adult boat captain and the student anglers are not allowed to drive the boat.
    Bruce
    2019 20 TRX Patriot
    Mercury 250 ProXS Fourstroke
    HDS 12 Live - Console
    HDS 9 Live - Bow

Quote Originally Posted by berudd View Post
    Every high school tournament I have seen requires an adult boat captain and the student anglers are not allowed to drive the boat.
    Sure during a tournament, not everyday on the water is a tournament.
    Bryan McDonough
    2023 Nitro Z21 XL
    Nitro Team