Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    You hold her and I'll flogger. Is this related to Dilly Dilly?
    Praying for a Cure

Quote Originally Posted by D.O.C. 989 View Post
    Been using them for years here. Sometimes you have to get a new one for each trip.

Broke into asthma laugh.

3. Banned
    With thousands of dollars of electronics is that really necessary?

4. Member
    Getcha a glass bottom boat or some sort of decked submersible

Dripping Springs, Texas and Wahpeton, Iowa
    These are the only Floggers I know anything about

6. Banned
    It's the cone of shame... Dan

This... need to make the fish submit.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....BL._SY550_.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

Love some Floghing Molly

9. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tcbass View Post
    Here you go:
    Wow never seen that...

10. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter bite View Post

My idea of a "flogger" as well.
    Hummm I'll look at reviews, then order one for GP, to put alongside the Hydrowave,which is next to my Color Sel Lector.
    Once I see them, I could probably catch 'em on my True Motion or Helicopter lures.

11. Member
    They should be legal. Just raise the price to $3000.00 for one and tell everyone there is a limited supply. 500 BBC'ers would have one next week.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by skeeter bite View Post

That's what I thought of.

13. The dude abides
    Quote Originally Posted by ColdSVT View Post
    Right?

The flogger I know of isn't used for fishing lol
    you are thinking of fluffers.
    Stay calm...Be brave...Wait for the signs
    Always be yourself unless you can be BATMAN!
    Then always be BATMAN!

Quote Originally Posted by billspence View Post
    There is no official practice for a Costa.

I just finished this event. Yes I bed fished. Yes I used the flogger. You have to. You are bringing a knife to a gunfight if you aren't. The flogger is part of the issue, but not all of it. My take...

I saw people with cameras in the water on poles looking at their feed on their graph (I assume) with two guys in the boat with floggers on either side in the driving seats.

I saw guys laying down running their Ultrex with the remote and their heads stuck in a flogger.

All legal.

The fix to this is to get the catch and release dates adjusted. I'm not sure when they were adopted, but they aren't even close. Fish routinely spawn in big numbers here till early July. There simply shouldn't be any tournaments until after the fourth of July. MLF style are better but there will be guys catching the same smallies during the day. Yes they are that dumb when they are on the beds. Open the season up from April 1 to May 15 and close it again until after July 4th.

Forget the effect on the spawn and the cycle of life of the fish. You won't get any official numbers but the dead fish numbers around these events are mind numbing. Not necessarily to the scales so much, but afterward. There was a tournament in Ti where the water temp is in the low to mid 70s where there were tons of main lake bedding smallies brought from 50 some degree water. I don't know the numbers, but it was ugly.

Floggers and technology are going to be tough to stop. The way to fix the negative impacts on our spawn is to change the catch and release dates here. There is a group of locals starting to organize something to try and adjust them to make some sense. The record numbers of people fishing these events and the dollars they bring are going to be tough to battle though. A post-spawn mid July tournament will be significantly tougher fishing and there won't be as many guys making the trip to grind out 14 pound limits. Over the last two weekends in Plattsburgh alone, there were 148 boats in the BFL and 204 boats fishing two days of Costa with the majority of the field picking beds. That cannot be good for anything but tourist dollars (short term).
    I also fished the tournament and the device call the "flogger" is not the problem. The problem is what we are doing to the future of one of the greatest fishery in this country. I heard 200 dead SM at the ABA tournament in Ticonderoga last weekend due to improper fish handling at the weigh-in. We are eliminating the DNA of giant smallmouth from the fishery. Smallmouth only have one chance to spawn in the Northeast.

Quote Originally Posted by ChampionNorm View Post
    you are thinking of fluffers.
    "The man of system is apt to be very wise in his own conceit; and is often so enamored with the supposed beauty of his own ideal plan of government that he cannot suffer the smallest deviation from any part of it…He seems to imagine that he can arrange the different members of a great society with as much ease as the hand arranges the different pieces upon a chessboard.” Adam Smith, The Theory of Moral Sentiments

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by WWDIII View Post
    I still don’t know what flogger is, will google and find out

There are some pretty interesting videos on the interweb

17. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bassfish1 View Post
    I also fished the tournament and the device call the "flogger" is not the problem. The problem is what we are doing to the future of one of the greatest fishery in this country. I heard 200 dead SM at the ABA tournament in Ticonderoga last weekend due to improper fish handling at the weigh-in. We are eliminating the DNA of giant smallmouth from the fishery. Smallmouth only have one chance to spawn in the Northeast.
    See that's the problem... You heard... No official count... No video... No pictures... Everyone, and I MEAN EVERYONE, has a camera on their phones, but no pictures, NO PROOF???... I've heard of Bigfoot, courgars (the animal not...) mountain lions and 10' snakes within 50 miles from my house but no one has pictures... No pictures, no proof... The black bass is a very hearty species, when they spawn they lay hundreds of thousands of eggs that hatch and grow up to break my heart as they leap and the lure launches from their mouth's. We'll be fine, I promise... Dan

18. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinningrod View Post
    Maybe I'm stupid but what is a flogger
    I’m stupid too. My first thought was that gnats or mosquitos must be bad and it was illegal to fog around your boat. Lol
    Last edited by barbarian; 06-24-2018 at 08:54 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoot View Post

Pour my beer down the sink I've got more in the trunk!!!

20. Member
    The bass fishing on Champlain is no where near what it was prior to 20 years ago. It all went down hill after B.A.S.S. went up there in 97. The fishing a week ago was the worst I have ever encountered up there. Yeah you can get a limit, but not the fun fishing numbers I have been accustomed to over the past three decades.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast