Thread: 83 mph PII

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

83 mph PII

Don't know if this has been put up before. But this PII flat out runs to 83 mph and gets there very fast.
    Guessing a tuned SHO 200. He has it set up perfect and is super smooth at driving. Impressive.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

2. Member
    Some day, some day I'll get back in a 'Cat. Nice rig, but I don't fish that fast.

3. Member
    yep.. seen that before. very impressive. if anyone needs a tutorial on how to tame chine walk this is it. bump left bump left and continue. no hot foot either
    Last edited by basscatbryan; 06-23-2018 at 05:02 AM.

4. Member
    Yea it’s been discussed here. It’s been flashed.
    Basscat!

Wouldn’t it be fun easily passing a bigger rig with a 250 on the back? You’d definitely get some looks.
    BassCat Sabre FTD
    Mercury 150 Optimax
    "It's just fishing"

Te cool part to us is the hand placement on the wheel, subtle adjustments and feeding the wheel slightly. As for a hopped up SHO, we can not condone that.

I did a little gel restore on that boat in my shop last year when the owner lived in VA. He bought a separate computer and had it flashed then changed to the stock one for tournaments. Nice boat and purdy fast.
    BULLET 20 XRD/250 Merc Sport XS
    www.ncboatguy.com

8. Member
    Yea that's John's boat, he is a buddy of mine and decided to buy him a PII after fishing out of mine a few times. That motor is pretty stout. It might be for sale soon. He recently moved to Lake Hartwell and he needs something bigger because of all the boat traffic.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

9. Banned
    Thanks for sharing, I posed this question 5 years ago as that was my dream and was always curious which it doesn't look as scary/suicidal as many made it out to be. Was laid off from the racetrack, then got married and had a kid so ended up with a Sabre instead and was going to have Simon Motorsports tune it once warranty expired though will see how new mounts hold up.

https://www.tapatalk.com/groups/bass...ic-t25856.html

10. Banned
    For those that know him personally, curious if he runs these as well with the reflash?
    https://www.shop.hydrotecmarine.com/...8&categoryId=1

11. Member
    Wheelman I don't know but I can certainly find out for you. But I'm sure he doesn't.
    2000 Triton Tr21
    2002 Mercury 250 Pro XB

12. Member
    That's moving. Mine would only do 70.

13. Member
    Did anyone else notice the fact that he has a huge setback on that motor ?
    That about twice if not more setback than Basscat puts on em .

That is my rig, thanks for the compliments guys. Shes def a fun rig but does demand your respect, in that vid it looks really easy to drive but if you aren't on top of the wheel and making corrections BEFORE the chine starts she can get squirley quick! Also that was 83 mph where the chines outside of the center pad (which is pretty small on the PII) are still touching. When I get her aired out above 85 I can feel those last chines release and then its 100% concentration as there is only about an 8" wide pad in the water! it took some practice to get comfortable there, and Ive seen 88 on the right days. Never ran her unloaded so I know 90 is possible, just haven't put in the work to do it.

Wheelman, what is in the link you are asking about? It wouldn't open for me... EDIT: It opened, I am not running solid mounts, the stockers are doing just fine for me. I would however HIGHLY recommend HT Marine for tuning and anything else, they are top notch, test before they sell, and 100% back what they sell! Wayne and crew are awesome!!!

dvkawboy, yes there is more than normal setback, at the speeds this rig is capable of it helped with lift and stability... seemed that at that speed the sweet spot for the prop to be in was a little further back than normal, and it also allowed me to run the engine about an inch higher.

Couple of BCB emplyees got to see it at the Classic and one went for a ride, said it was the baddest Cat he ever rode in which was a huge compliment... maybe he was just being nice haha!

Also, the run posted above was with full wells and every compartment slap full, and ballast to make up for lack of co-angler. Basically as heavy as it could be. She is a true 82-84 tourney loaded rig, even with co and there are a few guys in Va that can confirm that lol!

Anyone in SC is welcome to come for a ride too!
    Last edited by J Risco; 06-25-2018 at 08:58 PM.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

That would be scary as hell in the passenger seat.

16. Member
    How many horses?

17. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jp71291 View Post
    That would be scary as hell in the passenger seat.
    No scary is riding with me at 71, that guy is awsome. I move like that just .5 a second late.
    2017 Puma FTD
    250 Pro XS
    lowrance gen 3, 9 and 12
    Ultrex 112 36v 45”

18. Member
    [QUOTE=J Risco;9459336]That is my rig, thanks for the compliments guys. Shes def a fun rig but does demand your respect, in that vid it looks really easy to drive but if you aren't on top of the wheel and making corrections BEFORE the chine starts she can get squirley quick! QUOTE]

Risco
    It never entered my mind that it was easy to drive the PII at that speed. I am still learning to drive mine at 71! What I did say, is you are very smooth.
    Its that adjustment BEFORE she chines that I am still working on!
    I never noticed the further set back of the engine.
    What Prop are you using?
    Having the Live wells full and boat loaded, and still seen 83 mph is mind boggling!! Very impressive.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

[QUOTE=Cajunhunter67;9459636]
    Quote Originally Posted by J Risco View Post
    That is my rig, thanks for the compliments guys. Shes def a fun rig but does demand your respect, in that vid it looks really easy to drive but if you aren't on top of the wheel and making corrections BEFORE the chine starts she can get squirley quick! QUOTE]

Risco
    It never entered my mind that it was easy to drive the PII at that speed. I am still learning to drive mine at 71! What I did say, is you are very smooth.
    Its that adjustment BEFORE she chines that I am still working on!
    I never noticed the further set back of the engine.
    What Prop are you using?
    Having the Live wells full and boat loaded, and still seen 83 mph is mind boggling!! Very impressive.
    That comment wasn't directed at you specifically, just wanted to say that she def needs to be driven! Again thanks for the compliments also! Wish you lived closer to Brian or Tbob in Houma, those boys would be happy to give you some driving pointers. But there should be someone on here that lives close to you, I know most of you La boys like to go fast haha. Just put in the seat time and eventually it'll be second nature.

That run was with a 26p Fury3 blade. Great prop except for midrange lift, gong to try a Fury4 next.
    2021 Phoenix 920 Elite / SHO 250
    Bullet 21XD / 250 XB (Gone to a great home in LA)
    "There is no such thing as a bad day fishing!"

20. Member
    Living the good life on Lake Hartwell, Fair Play, SC
    get yourself a hotfoot installed and get 2 hands on that wheel. Not a bash comment either; strictly for safety. You are reaching the blow out threshold with the stock gearcase on that SHO (unless there's a sporty hangin off the bottom) and having 2 hands on the wheel if needed may prove beneficial. Nice driving too!!!
    2013 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro
    2023 Mercury Racing 300R
    Bravo FS 30P
    ProMax 30P

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast