Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Trailer tounge slop?

Checking stuff out a day or so ago I noticed my tounge has about 2" of slop up and down. You can tell it's from bouncing going down the road and stuff. Anybody else have that issue? Seems like a failure waiting to happen

2. Member
    Do you think it is pivoting that much at the hinge for the swing away tongue? You may have a broken weld that the pin runs through.
    2015 Phoenix 819

3. Member
    Na. I took it apart and all the welds and stuff are good. Just the holes are getting a little worse out where the bolt and pin go thru.

4. Lowrance/Garmin/GPS Moderator fishin couillon's Avatar
    2" is alot of slop.....I have some on mine but not near that much.....I would imagine with that much movement it will eventually break something.....cant be good.
    YOU are not entitled to what I have earned!!!!!

2014 Phoenix 619 Pro / 2014 Mercury 200 Pro XS

5. The Kairos Lures Guy Fidgetcranker's Avatar
    Call Marine Master!

6. Member
    Yea I plan on sending them a video Monday.

Quote Originally Posted by Fidgetcranker View Post
    Call Marine Master!
    Maybe he can speak to the owner of Marine Master like I did and get told they would work on a solution and call back. That was well over a year ago. I sure wish they would hurry up and call me back.

8. Member
    I have dealt with them once. I had a shock blow out and was wanting the part number for a new one and they just sent me a new shock. I forget the guys name but he was pretty good to deal with

9. Member
    Mine has some slip in it as well. Bad design IMO.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

Checked mine last night. Ton of slop as well...easily 1-2". Been wondering where the movement came from while I towed and hit bumps. Have a new truck, B&W hitch...everything as tight as can be other than that. I'll be making a call. Thought about a metal plate in there to shim. Pretty ridiculous there is that much movement.

11. Member
    I have a 2018 721 it also has way to much slop in the tongue at the pivot point.

12. Member
    I sent them a deal to contact me so I should hear something soon. I will send them a video of the play and report what they say.

Sent an email today. I'll give it half a day then i'll call.

14. Member
    Mine does same thing. It’s poor design. I like bass cats set up way better. I probably going to build mine back up with weld,
    2016 Phoenix 920,Garmin's 7600's, Power Poles,Lithium Pros,Rigid Industries

15. Member
    I have a good idea for a fix but I'm waiting to see what marine master says. First, I think the plate that goes over the square tube should be 1/2" so it won't open up. Then some 1/2" plate strips welded to the square tube so that the other 1/2" plate on the tounge hits it when it closes. It would have to be a tight fit but that along with the bolt and pin should stop the issue.

16. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kry29 View Post
    I have a good idea for a fix but I'm waiting to see what marine master says. First, I think the plate that goes over the square tube should be 1/2" so it won't open up. Then some 1/2" plate strips welded to the square tube so that the other 1/2" plate on the tounge hits it when it closes. It would have to be a tight fit but that along with the bolt and pin should stop the issue.
    I've been doing the same, the top and bottom plate are too thin. The hole wears then you have up and down and some side slop too. Mine isn't as bad as yours but I don't like it.
    2014 Phoenix 721XP, 250 SHO, Bobs Action Jack, Dual Blades, 112 Ultrex, 2019 Lariat FX4 F150 Supercrew 4x4

17. Member
    Post the video on here plz.

18. Member
    I can't post videos. Never been able to lol and I dont have a YouTube channel or anything to link to. I did put a tape on it today and the slop is just over an inch up and down. Maybe a little more with the weight of the boat on it. You can see the bow when its hooked to the truck. I will fo my own repair of I need to. Won't be to hard.
    Last edited by kry29; 06-29-2018 at 11:56 AM.

Mine is also horrible on my ‘15 920, I’ve been thinking about just welding the tongue solid on the p.o.s.

I don't have a phoenix but do have a marine master. I hope someone post some pics. go me wondering now if that is what I am feeling trailering!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast