Ultrex to Solix questions...

I currently have a Solix 12 at the helm, and a second Solix 12 at the bow. They are connected directly with an ethernet cable.

I have the Humminbird AS GPS Heading sensor connected to the helm unit and shared with the bow unit.

I just installed an Ultrex IPilot Link with Universal Sonar.

Do I need some sort of ethernet switch to plug my ultrex in to the bow Solix?

I assume I also have to install the Minn Kota GPS puck? I'm guessing the Ultrex cant use the Humminbird AS GPS puck?

Does the Ultrex GPS puck need to be wired directly to the battery, or does it need to be on an on/off switch?

Appreciate any help... the instruction manuals seem to be lacking.
    Last edited by TNReb; 06-22-2018 at 07:02 PM.

2. Banned
    You need an Ethernet switch to network more than 2 devices. You also need the heading sensor in addition to the minn Kota puck. The minn Kota puck is just for the trolling motor. It doesn’t interface with the unit.

https://www.boemarine.com/humminbird...et-switch.html

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TroyBoy30 View Post
    You also need the heading sensor in addition to the minn Kota puck. The minn Kota puck is just for the trolling motor. It doesn’t interface with the unit.
    Thank you. I will PM you about the switch.

When installing the GPS puck, do I need to be careful and check for interference from other devices? I see most other people mount theirs you front, but my regular old compass goes nuts up there.

4. Banned
    You should check for interference but it’s not as critical as with the humminbird heading sensor. Mine are both mounted up front