Humminbird Mega Imaging

Are any of you Ally owners using Mega Imaging? Just wondering if you think it is worth the investment.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

2. Member
    Absolutely yes yes yes...
    Allison XB21 Prosport Mercury Racing 250XS with a 1.75 Sporty

To be honest---I find myself using the regular 2D sonar more than the DI with the Mega chirp while using the bow mount. Reason being I can't see the tiny blips that represent fish on the DI while standing.. I have to get close to the screen to see what's there..

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fishnfireman View Post
    To be honest---I find myself using the regular 2D sonar more than the DI with the Mega chirp while using the bow mount. Reason being I can't see the tiny blips that represent fish on the DI while standing.. I have to get close to the screen to see what's there..
    I am thinking of mounting one in the console but will need the special bracket since it will be bigger than the hole on my boat.
    2013 Allison BasSport Pro
    2010 Mercury 250 Pro XS

I had to make a bracket for my console unit --There a great tool to have just not sure I would spend the extra money again for the bow unit. I use the SI and DI on the console unit a lot more..

6. BBC SPONSOR
    I am running Solix 12 Mega SI's on the bow and at the console. I have a mount made for the XB21's with the HDS8 cut out in the dash.

Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

7. Member
    Tim are u selling those mounts , i currently have an onix 8 in the dash and my solix 12 off the side, i would like to get it behind the dash, i have a bad blind spot were its at . Could your mount be made to work?

8. BBC SPONSOR
    Yes. I will shoot you a PM with a few questions.
    Fastbass Marine LLC
    We specialize in NEW and USED ALLISON BOATS, Blazer Boats, Platinum Mercury Marine Repower Center, AquaTraction Flooring, and custom marine electronic installations on beautiful Kentucky and Barkley Lakes.

2022 Allison XB-21 BasSport Pro Elite
    2022 Mercury 450R

2012 Bullet 21ss
    2005 Mercury 300X

https://youtu.be/FOnAGNWOgZ0

Yep mounted on backwash pan, on my 12" bobs hyd plate. No issues at all, i have switched from 225x 14" setback ,to 300x and didnt even have to adjust it. My shoot thru sits in the lil tray under deck and reads depth at 65mph np