Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. Member
    I had pretty much every style of mounting a trolling motor on my 20xd, I think I like straight down the middle the best. But TN style is what I have now. It adds a bit of weight to passenger side.

the 20xd needs to been driven more then a 21xd in rough water. But even canadabullet will admit my 20xd rides smoother then his 21xd.

For rough water a hydrofoil and a negative trim wedge is mandatory on a 20xd. Was actually in 3-4 footers yesterday with my boat. We stayed dry :)
    Last edited by hyperflow; 06-24-2018 at 06:01 AM.

2. Member
    I like the Tn style better although it does hide some of that beautiful top cap. I have a straight mount on the SS and the troller seems to get in the way more.

3. Member
    I like the Tn style mainly because it doesn’t cover up the Beautiful lines all coming together and the Sexy nose on a Bullet.
    2005 21XD W/ 2005 MERC 250XS BULLET TOTAL PERFORMANCE BOAT!!

4. Member
    Have had both, 20 & 21 ft. Layout are the same just a little more in the 21'. Rides are the same
    until rough water comes into play then the 21' out preforms the 20'. You have storage place problems
    so that takes the 21' (21' 10") out of the game. The 21SS/SST is shorter than the other 21'. It fishes
    much like the 20' but is a foot longer. Rides good, fast/quick and dry but again fishes a little small. Ride
    in every one you can because the driver make up for short falls in any boat. Be careful because everyone
    that has ridden or drove my boat is a Bullet owner now.

5. Member
    I like the regular mounting style, but that's the only one I've ever had except for a flat bottom boat

6. Member
    Went from a 201 Stratos to a Bullet...best decision I've made...got the 21xrs. Ride is second to none...was at erie with 2-3'ers and never got wet. With the stratos I thought my back would break from just a little chop. My buddy actually couldn't ride in it because of his back.

Strong winds will cause her to blow slightly more than the heavy stratos I had. But with my Ultrex I never even notice anymore....haha...plus if I'm shallow I just put my power pole down so I'm not going anywhere anyway.

Not sure how the smaller 20's are compared to the 22'ers but you should definitely take a test ride in one. If you do get a Bullet definitely get an Ultrex as its a game changer.

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stratos_185 View Post
    Thanks for all the reply’s everyone. My main reason for looking at the 20fter is garage size. I would love to have a 21 footer but I just sold a stratos 200 pro xl with 225 HPDI and I had to put it on wheels jacks and angle it once I got it angled i had about 6 inches to spare. Do you guys have your trolling motors mounted TN style and if so how do you like that?
    My 21xrs fits perfectly in 24' deep garage. This is with motor down and swing tongue folded in.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12