Power Tech VMS prop

Has any one tried the VMS props. I’m looking at getting one for my X19 paired with a 175 SHO (23P). Power Tech is actually swapping me for the original power tech that came with the boat, so the only cost to me is shipping the old one back. Just wondering if anyone has had good results out of the VMS line.

The VMS is a copy of the Yamaha Pro Series. It should do good.

Marks Props 317-398-9294, 1850 East 225 South, Shelbyville, Indiana 46176 propellerman59@gmail.com http://www.marksprops.com/index.html

3. Member
    Great! Ty

4. Member
    Did you test the powertech 23p before you asked powertech to swap out? Im interested in how the VMS performs for your setup. Picking up my X19 this week and thinking I need to swap out the Powertech before the dealer puts it in the water.

5. Member
    Just got the VMS prop in. Yes, i ran the original prop on the boat for a month and just wasn’t happy with it. I dont know that i can even run the new VMS prop because it is a vented prop and i do not have plugs for the vents. I may be waiting a few more days for vent plugs. I may take it out anyways just to see what it does with the open vents. I guess ill just need to be careful.

6. Member
    If anyone has any tips on how to run this prop on the 175 SHO 4 stroke, i would be thankful for the information. I keep hearing that these setups do not like the props vented.

For me on my boat, the VMS runs 10 mph slower than the Turbo FXP, same pitch. Power tech on these boats might as well be anchors. YMMV
    2014 X19
    2014 200 SHO

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by FES313 View Post
    For me on my boat, the VMS runs 10 mph slower than the Turbo FXP, same pitch. Power tech on these boats might as well be anchors. YMMV

Reallly??? Well that’s not good! I hope that’s not the case when i run this one. That’s a bit disappointing

9. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Estott View Post
    Reallly??? Well that’s not good! I hope that’s not the case when i run this one. That’s a bit disappointing

He is 150% correct. The power Tec props perform horribly on the x-19 hulls. I to ran 7-10 mph faster with a Turbo FXP propeller. Then had an extremely hard time giving the power Tec prop away. Good for a spare or an additional anchor as stated above. Did yourself a favor and try to find you a Turbo FXP
    ~~~~2016 X-19 YAMAHA - 200SHO & LOVE IT~~~

10. Member
    Thanks for the advice guys. I appreciate it.

11. Member
    Well.... Took the boat out with the new VMS prop. I saw 60MPH, which is the first time the boat has been able to reach that speed. It was a little hard to handle at the top end though. I’m going to try and balance the weight out in the boat a little better and try again.