Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Banned

Bass Live Pro's and Fish Care

Glad to see Bass went to Non Piercing Cull Tags for Fish Care. Wish the pro's on Live wouldn't toss the fish on the floor to figure out which is biggest drives me crazy. So much for Fish Care.

At least they aren’t going into the freezer.

3. Banned
    It’s is pitiful the amount these guys Fish and can’t come up with a better system than laying them all out on what floor. Hell I’ve never felt the need to do that. It was Pace though, so I wouldn’t expect much more lol

4. Member
    I think some of the guys are a little abusive for the camera when swinging fish into the boat.

5. Banned
    Yes Pace was the worst. I was trying to find out how to ask the quesiton on Basslive but could not find out how.

6. Member
    Anytime you introduce a competitive element, people win and wildlife lose.

7. Member
    I didn't realize you could fish at that level with being so terrible at culling. These guys look like it's their first day some of them.

8. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by catch5 View Post
    It’s is pitiful the amount these guys Fish and can’t come up with a better system than laying them all out on what floor. Hell I’ve never felt the need to do that. It was Pace though, so I wouldn’t expect much more lol
    Lol exactly my thoughts.

9. Banned
    It's really not a big deal. Who cares

At least PETA hasn't gotten in, or has it?

Carpets are wet, it’s part of it. So if fish care concerns you how do you feel when you break a fish off?
    Take time to feel bad or keep fishing. Those care cull clips are doing more harm than the puncture ones. It’s the grabbing and hanging them that damage the lips and jaws. But to lay a fish ( especially today with wet floors) is taking it to far. It’s a fish and yes yes should take care of them. But to say it’s a tragedy is sort a comical. I’m sure the hook is painless, I’m sure the boat ride in a little hard swimming pool is easy on them. The bag drop and being wrapped up to be weighed is painful too? Then to be humiliated and put in a pontoon with a belly tank and dropped off in the middle of the lake , poor fish gotta swim miles back to the bank. Wow a fish at this level is abused
    JEFF MURRAY USMC
    RANGER Z521C & 15 VERADO PRO 250
    DEEP CREEK LURES and ROSE JIGS
    GREENFISH TACKLE and ALX RODS

Quote Originally Posted by wicker*man View Post
    I didn't realize you could fish at that level with being so terrible at culling. These guys look like it's their first day some of them.
    Some of them do make it look like it's their first time to catch more than a 5 fish limit and hit the panic button when it comes to culling

13. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by 2500 View Post
    Carpets are wet, it’s part of it. So if fish care concerns you how do you feel when you break a fish off?
    Take time to feel bad or keep fishing. Those care cull clips are doing more harm than the puncture ones. It’s the grabbing and hanging them that damage the lips and jaws. But to lay a fish ( especially today with wet floors) is taking it to far. It’s a fish and yes yes should take care of them. But to say it’s a tragedy is sort a comical. I’m sure the hook is painless, I’m sure the boat ride in a little hard swimming pool is easy on them. The bag drop and being wrapped up to be weighed is painful too? Then to be humiliated and put in a pontoon with a belly tank and dropped off in the middle of the lake , poor fish gotta swim miles back to the bank. Wow a fish at this level is abused
    Thanks for straightening me out. Bet your Sponsors are proud to have there names at the bottom of your posts.

Quote Originally Posted by Walleyeguy456 View Post
    Thanks for straightening me out. Bet your Sponsors are proud to have there names at the bottom of your posts.
    Common sense goes a long way and yes fish are in need of protecting, but every week a LIVE show gets pounded on fish care and this and that. They take care of the fish very well. But it’s a lot of people that should give up fishing after hearing these guys. Also it’s an opinion on what’s right or wrong. if I called you out YOU stepped out. I never said anything about a person. Sorry you got ��, it’s still better than 20 years ago.

Yes I try to take care of them too
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

15. Banned
    Nobody said it was tragedy, but When your promoting catch n release, require the use on non puncture clips and then some of the jack wagons do this how do you think it looks??? I mean how hard is it to cull through 5 Fish when you have TWO Livewells to use without having to throw them on the floor.

We are sportsman , or at least should be, and should try to care of the resources the best we can. That’s just the way it should be. While this one incident may mean nothing, they are on camera teaching lot of other young or just starting out fishing the way things should be done. They represent our sport and should conduct themselves as such. As least that my opinion...

I understand, from now on I’ll make sure the deer I shoot has a pillow to lay his head. So you catch a fish and you swing it aboard and it comes unbuttoned and hits the deck. Who’s fault and it it fish care abuse? So we all have done it. I see the care of fish point but someone always has to say someone on a live show does it wrong.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

17. Member
    Flopping the fish around on the carpet for a while can damage there outer protective film. Maybe because of that some of these fish pick up infections and suffer or even die at a later date. I'm not sure if that happens or not. I'm not sure if any studies regarding this have ever been legitimately conducted. If there is no research to answer this concern there probably should be. It is commonly accepted that we should not treat our fish this way ( flopping around on the carpet ) yet the these guys do who are "supposedly" role models. This is a contradiction. There may be other reasons why this is not a good idea.

I thought FLW had or does have a fish weighing method where they put a fish in an enclosed water tank to get a weight and then release the fish. If this is true then why can't bassboat designers install an enclosed water holding tank with a digital readout when a fish is added ? after the readout is recorded the fish can be removed to either the livewell or the lake. Not really OK to flop them around on the carpet with research verifying that it doesn't harm the resource. It's one thing for 50 or 100 pros to do it , but to send the condoning behavior to all the rest of us and those coming into the sport is not a good message if in fact it is harmful to the resource.
    GETFISHED !!!

My boats for sell, matter of fact I am selling my hooks too. Sounds like I should stop ��

I hope we can all be right, i spend a lot to keep fish alive and care for them. But again all I’m saying is not to take it overboard.
    JEFF MURRAY USMC

My boats for sell, matter of fact I am selling my hooks too. Sounds like I should stop ��

I hope we can all be right, i spend a lot to keep fish alive and care for them. But again all I’m saying is not to take it overboard.
    "If People Concentrated on the Really Important Things in Life, There'd be a Shortage of Fishing Poles." - Doug Larson
    "Peace is not the absence of turmoil but the presence of God" Jo-Ann Thomack

20. Banned
    The fish will be ok. If you were really concerned about the fish, you wouldn’t be a fisherman

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast