Thread: 200 PRO X/S

200 PRO X/S

I Have a 2017 PRO X/S 200 (ID 2B523957) It was running ok, but did notice it would sputter when first started in the morning then was fine the rest of the day. Then after setting under a bridge waiting out a storm, when I started it, it wound fire, run real rough for 5 seconds and then die. never would run. It even backfired once. Its at the dealer waiting to be fixed. Any service bulletins on this motor? Any speculations on whats going on? Motor has less than 50 hours, bought new last May of 2017.
    Bill Kehl

If people really concentrated on the imporyant things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson

2. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sorry to hear you had a problem.

First thing I would be doing was a visual inspection (including the belt), and a check of the BASICS.

Once problem is located and corrected, would be verifying Annual Maintenance has been completed.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bkehl View Post
    I Have a 2017 PRO X/S 200 (ID 2B523957) It was running ok, but did notice it would sputter when first started in the morning then was fine the rest of the day. Then after setting under a bridge waiting out a storm, when I started it, it wound fire, run real rough for 5 seconds and then die. never would run. It even backfired once. Its at the dealer waiting to be fixed. Any service bulletins on this motor? Any speculations on whats going on? Motor has less than 50 hours, bought new last May of 2017.
    I also have a 2017 200 HP Pro X/S....S/N2B523195 I bought new in May of 2017. I just got it out of the shop today since a couple weeks ago it just would not start half way into a fishing day.
    My problem was the "diaphragm" in the Air Regulator. It just tore or split. Maybe you have a similar problem.
    No more comments about my motor because this is your thread and I just thought this might be helpful to the issue.

4. Member
    Thank you for your comments, problem is a Cracked Fuel Rail. however, still waiting on it to be repaired. 4 weeks into this, now waiting on part to come in. Is this a complicated repair?
    Bill Kehl

If people really concentrated on the imporyant things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles. ~ Doug Larson

5. Member
    No.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bkehl View Post
    Thank you for your comments, problem is a Cracked Fuel Rail. however, still waiting on it to be repaired. 4 weeks into this, now waiting on part to come in. Is this a complicated repair?
    Not difficult to repair- and parts should be readily available for this serial number.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor