mikesxpress

Another river flushing in progress.

Rappahannock at 4.6' now and projected to be at 14' by Saturday morning. Flood stage is at 13'. Plus is minimal chances for algae blooms and no saltwater migration. Just more crap in the water.

2. Member
    Mike, thank you for the encouraging news. You confirmed what I was wondering about. Damn!!

3. Member
    What do you think the Potomac will be like tomorrow?

4. mikesxpress
    Hal you already knew it was going to be crap.
    I'm just providing the details.

Best way to tell what's coming is to pull weather from Harpers Ferry, WV where the river branches merge. That says it's at 4.6' going to 10.6' by morning.That is .6' over flood stage which hasn't happened since May 27, 2017. At 11' the water flows over the top of the Millville dam and that is when we will really get some debris downstream. When it does that, I see some changes in water clarity down near the mouth where I'm saltwater fishing but it doesn't affect the bite much. You guys up here brim fishing will see brown water shortly. We came over the Rap at 10 this morning and it was flooding brown goo.
    Last edited by mikesxpress; 06-22-2018 at 01:13 PM.

5. Member
    With the rain we're getting in DC I can't imagine it'll be clear

6. mikesxpress
    DC needs all the flushing it can get!!!

7. mikesxpress
    Weather bozos missed it. The Rappahannock crested at 25 feet Saturday. That's only 12 feet off... Flooded houses along the river and closed Fall Hill and other roads in Falmouth. Going to take awhile to clean up after that.

Quote: That's only 12 feet off

Common, that is only a few big lines on the tape measure :)

9. Member
    The potomac looked like a log field on Sunday. Even so, there was still people on plane going through that. I mean at the mouth of Mattawoman, there was a log every 5 yards or so as far as the eye could see. I saw that and turned around and went right back into the creek.

10. mikesxpress
    It was like that for one of our Potomac rallys. Road course driving....