Exclamation Leg Room Modification on a Tracker?

Seriously thinking about cutting a small hole in the bottom of my console enough to get one foot thru. I'm 6'2 and I stick the left leg out the side of the console which works fine but the right leg that's in the console is always bent and weird. last week when I made some 10 and 15 minute runs my foot actually went numb and it's uncomfy. I thought about cutting a hole just big enough to get my foot thru and extra bit. I have seen the mod of redoing the whole console but I'm not really that talented or looking for that much work. Has anyone done something like this on theirs?

What Tracker do you have?

3. Member
    2012 txw175 talking a pretty small hole too, just big enough to get 1 foot thru

4. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by vandamit View Post
    2012 txw175 talking a pretty small hole too, just big enough to get 1 foot thru
    Don't you mean just big enough to trap my foot? Don't think I'd be comfortable with my foot in a hole under the console.

Its a little bit of a job but its worth it. I did a writeup on it a few years ago. Been awesome and i love it. Im 6’2” and run a hotfoot comfortably. I did it all in about 5 hrs. Its cleaner looking too i think.

http://www.bbcboards.net/showthread.php?t=451533
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Dual Humminbird Helix 10 MEGA SI
    Minnkota Ultrex.

I also have the same problem, I have a 2014 TXW and am 6'3", I cross my legs like a "native american" while driving.

Might be tight, might be uncomfortable, but I would not cut the hole. That back wall under your console goes right into a storage compartment. I would also think that in the event you go to sell the boat sometime down the road, that will hurt the resale value. I know for a fact that it would if I was the guy writing the check. Not trying to be mean or rude, just telling the truth as I see it.
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Nitro Z18 w/Dual Consoles
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Take a look at the thread in post number 5 please. Only modification is to the console no additional holes cut in any of the compartments etc. there is an access slotin the compartment to get to a few of the screws tho you will have yo cover that.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.

Quote Originally Posted by basstrackeroptimax View Post
    Take a look at the thread in post number 5 please. Only modification is to the console no additional holes cut in any of the compartments etc. there is an access slotin the compartment to get to a few of the screws tho you will have yo cover that.
    Belay my last. After reviewing the mod done by Roy, I see that it is a different console style all together from mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Psalm 29:3 The voice of the Lord is upon the waters: the God of glory thundereth: the Lord is upon many waters.

Question Roy, did you end up covering that plate with carpet that you used for the access hole?
    Craig
    USMC Retired
    2019 Mercury 175 Pro XS

Craig yes the later models took care of the leg room problem so i can see what you were thinking. The newer console is much nicer. I did a brushed finish on the aluminum and put a large Tracker boats sticker on it. It looks pretty clean i think. The bracing is actually more solid than stock.
    Roy
    2020 Triton 18 Trx
    Mercury 200 Pro XS V8
    Bravo FS 24P Prop
    Atlas 6” jp
    Minnkota Ultrex.