Thread: New v8 order

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. mikesxpress
    Using my Merc monitor/gps/stop watch I recorded all my baseline numbers off my 2 stroke 250 Pro XS before I sold it. Time to plane, rpms/fuel consumption at various speeds, etc.. After the new 4 stroke arrives, and I get it broke in, I'll run those numbers again. At this point with just a few of these engines in service for very few hours, all that's available for comparison is subjective at best or Mercury promo videos at worst. Only real confirmed attribute is you don't have to fill that oil tank anymore.

3. Member
    once you factor opti oil cost $ mpgs be a wash. or better
    Nitro2023 triton allure 250 proxs
    Garmin marine
    prostaff

5. Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    There is no comparison ! The new V8 is way better on all areas hole shot , mid range , top end speed it has a good throughty sound to it but is also quit enough to hold conversation. I have gained 3-4 mph over my old 2 stroke and the way the boat handles and drives is totally different . In the end I am totally happy and I'm still messing with some Jack Plate and prop adjustment's but this motor guys is the real deal it is a beast .
    What prop on the old motor vs new motor?

Quote Originally Posted by Wheelman View Post
    What prop on the old motor vs new motor?
    23 Tempest Plus , new V8 running the 24 Fury

7. Member
    What model was your previous 2 stroke?

Quote Originally Posted by idratherbeefishin View Post
    23 Tempest Plus , new V8 running the 24 Fury

Quote Originally Posted by leo13 View Post
    What model was your previous 2 stroke?
    2007 Mercury optimax , the reason I repowered with the new V8 was back in February I noticed that I was losing power two weeks before the classic hit I was fishing lost all power rod bearing come loose destroyed the engine and I wasn't about to put 3-4 Grand in a 11 year old motor. At that point in time my boat is still in great shape and the 20-21 foot bass boats used bring good money , I wanted something more modern and bring my boat up today's date I already have all the graphs the power poles the trolling motor the last missing piece was the engine. I originally was wanting to put a new 200 Pro XS 2 stroke on the back but I was told by my dealer there are no more 2 Strokes just be patient and wait for the new V8 so I did and I've not regretted it V8 the is the real deal.

9. Member
    I thought that might be the case when you posted that your previous outboard ran a 23p Tempest.

Your comparison makes more sense now.

10. Member
    I ordered a 300R from Jaco's on July 6 and was told it would be there in 5 weeks.

Nice! What are you putting it on?

I think it is because Mercury Racing is a different division...Jayco's told me January 2019 for a 300 Pro XS V8...

Quote Originally Posted by TB21 View Post
    I ordered a 300R from Jaco's on July 6 and was told it would be there in 5 weeks.
    I was told my engine would be in May 19th... Still waiting....

14. Member
    I’m in the same boat, sold my motor middle of may because my new motor was supposed to be in. Sitting here motorless bank trash lol

15. Member
    Allison XB21

Quote Originally Posted by bassmasterffej View Post
    Nice! What are you putting it on?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12