Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Member
    If it started in 2014 and they are still not done with it they may not plan on finishing it. I know the charger engineers took less than a year and a half to completely finish their 198.

With the release of the caracal, and classic, I'm sure they are busy and havent had time... But now a new building is being constructed, maybe some of the bcb resources will be redirected.
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

3. Member
    Is it faster than an equally powered Puma/Cougar, Eyra? No.

No but it ain't far off. That is impressive. I heard it was nowhere near that originally. Yes I agree, options are good ! It will come down to the almighty dollar and is it a reasonable decision to place it in the lineup. This was merely hearsay, but I heard the same that this boat may not ever go to production. Things change and you never know what Rick and the gang are going to pull out of the hat, but you can guarantee it will great !

From my understanding BCB are committed to the Hybrid project. They've had a lot of pans in the fire to deal with over the past several years and it keeps getting shelved. They could have released it but don't think it's ready, so they continue to tweek it. It won't leave that shop until it's right in BCB eyes and rightfully so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sports1 View Post
    If it started in 2014 and they are still not done with it they may not plan on finishing it. I know the charger engineers took less than a year and a half to completely finish their 198.
    Last edited by MMosher; 06-22-2018 at 05:04 PM.

5. Member
    [QUOTE=riverrat29;9452062]Is it faster than an equally powered Puma/Cougar, Eyra? No.

I'll bet when it's snotty...its a different outcome..

Other projects took priority over the Hybrid based on volume capable for those, and need in brands. There have been a lot of speculation about the project and rumors from people unaware of the position. The project was felt to be completed many years ago, and scrapped when hole shot fell short of standards, with today’s engines. They had expended enough time on it that they had to commit to the established slate of projects to move product along.

Since that time these projects came along: Lynx, Caracal, Pantera Classic, Yar-Craft hulls for 219 and 209 (2), a complete retool of the 2095 BTX, revised tiller in. 2019 2095 BTX, Puma FTD redesigned and more.

They have it set for rebuilding the Production Verification (PV) hull and deck, then retooling the mold for a production process once hole shot is verified. Presently they are continuing on other projects and have plans within 60 to 75 days to complete the PV model with plans to release it after that sometime.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 06-22-2018 at 09:19 PM.

PV?? Can’t wait to hear more about this one.

8. Member
    Sounds like it will be a long time if it ever even completed.

"Two weeks"

10. Member
    PV? - details, are there any details?
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

Production Verification (PV)

Quote Originally Posted by Bass Cat Boats View Post

They have it set for rebuilding the Production Verification (PV) hull and deck, then retooling the mold for a production process once hole shot is verified. Presently they are continuing on other projects and have plans within 60 to 75 days to complete the PV model with plans to release it after that sometime.

12. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MMosher View Post
    Production Verification (PV)

PV = means two more weeks

13. Member
    Oh - I thought they were coming out with a new P 5 - my bad.
    Richard Bates
    USCG Retired
    2010 Bass Cat Puma
    2012 250 hp Mercury ProXS
    Family Boat - 2011 Key West 189FS w/ Yamaha F115TX
    Truck - 2005 GMC 3500 D/A SRW LB CC
    RV- 2012 RoadTrek 210 Simplicity (named E-Pod)

http://BassCat.com
    Purefishing.com
    Denalirods.com

14. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rlb8s View Post
    Oh - I thought they were coming out with a new P 5 - my bad.
    That was my initial thought too. Lol.

15. Kansas Bass Club Moderator
    Not sure they did much if any tweaking on the hull it’s self. They did some beefing up on the hull and some interior stuff. I think bcb (don’t know for a fact just speculation) is tweaking the hull to perform to their standards. I don’t think any Charger/Champion will run with a cat all being the same.

Basscat already has and has had great hulls. Not to say Charger doesn’t or never has but I don’t think Basscat needs another hull that may or may not be better.

Im am glad to see the Champion hull continued to be produced. And again this is just pure speculation but I could see Charger dropping their current old style hulls in favor of the Champion hull. I say this because I believe Champion had a much bigger, cult like following. More so than Charger. I’d see 10
    champs to 1 Charger. I would think if they could covert current owners over to the “Elite” hulls and got enough of them and former Champion owners back into that hull they would discontinue the old Charger hulls. I’ve ridden in Chargers and owned and ridden in many Champions and in my opinion there is no comparison between the two. Both ride great but the Champion hull handles 10 times better.

just my opinion. Agree or disagree but that’s my prediction.

16. Member
    Other projects took priority over the Hybrid based on volume capable for those, and need in brands. There have been a lot of speculation about the project and rumors from people unaware of the position. The project was felt to be completed many years ago, and scrapped when hole shot fell short of standards, with today’s engines. They had expended enough time on it that they had to commit to the established slate of projects to move product along.

Since that time these projects came along: Lynx, Caracal, Pantera Classic, Yar-Craft hulls for 219 and 209 (2), a complete retool of the 2095 BTX, revised tiller in. 2019 2095 BTX, Puma FTD redesigned and more.

He mentions Puma FTD redesign. Is that a new layout Puma or a few yrs back project? That got my attention.

It was updated since starting the Hybrid project.

18. Banned
    Not much to engineer in a splash.

Not if that's all there is to it.
    Last edited by Bass Cat Boats; 07-11-2018 at 01:06 AM.

20. Banned
    Not it that's all there is to it.
    I don’t get it?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast