06 250 pro xs beeping

Ran the boat this afternoon for a little bit, did quite a bit of scanning then ran about a mile did some more scanning then ran about 1000 yards and came off plane and it started beeping. It was not a constant beep but a beep, beep, beep,beep. I check the oil in the tank and it was damn near full to the top, pulled the cowling and the oil reservoir was full. Put it all back together and started it up, no beeping... Drove about a half mile back to the ramp and when I came off plane it started beeping again. I shut it off and got on the trolling motor and got the boat tied up to the dock. When I put it on the trailer I got back on the big motor and as soon as it started it was beeping and it didn't stop until I shut it back off. Any of you guys know what the beeping is? I would say it beeped at least 20 times when I was loading it up.

Serial #1B448007
    Last edited by EllJay; 06-22-2018 at 02:18 PM.

I would be willing to bet that it's the low oil alarm. The tank has a float in it that comes off of the magnet. So, the float moves up, but the magnet stays down and makes the sensor think you have low oil. If you do not have a Smartcraft instrument or something to tell you what the fault is, you should take it to your dealer to confirm what the fault is.
    Sam Dunaway
    2005 Triton TR-21X
    Powered by Suzuki 250SS

3. Member
    If its not the low oil its the water pump beeping from over heating

Quote Originally Posted by joeldsetser2311 View Post
    If its not the low oil its the water pump beeping from over heating
    I don't know what it is BUT, I know it isn't the overheat alarm. Overheat is a solid continuous tone. Any solid tone is a "crucial warning".

Joe Perez
    Boatless white trash

5. Member
    Maybe water needs drained out of the fuel pump housing.

6. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor

7. Member
    Well I put a water pump kit on it just to see if that was it but it is still beeping. I'm taking it to the shop in the A.M. so they can run a diagnostic. I'll post back up when I find out what the issue is.

8. Member
    Mine did that and it was a sensor on shift linkage. Just unplug it and ran fine

water in the vst!

10. Banned
    Well???... What the shop say???... Dan

11. Mercury 3L/4 Stroke/Verado Moderator EuropeanAM's Avatar
    Sticky: REMINDER- SERIAL NUMBERS REQUIRED WHEN POSTING

ALL- Please read this link. Serial Number is REQUIRED when posting.

Dual Mercury Master Technician- for Mercury Outboards, Mercruiser and Mercury Racing at European Marine in Greenville, SC.
    Still consider myself a "Marine Apprentice" after 47 years (learn something new every day).
    Mercury Parts, Mercury Outboards, Smartcraft & Accessories, Injector Service, TDR Reeds- BBC Sponsor