Ranger 1850v i/o Need some help or directions

Hi everyone , I have a 1979 ranger 1850v inboard/outboard . Yes it does exist , it was a such a awesome boat they limited it to only a couple years lol . Its the unicorn of rangers in my opinion . So I acquired this boat a year - 1/2 ago, poor thing has lived a life of torment and misery without a cover in the elements . I have rewired under the dash , as of 6/21/18 at 9am the boat is in the shop with the mad mechanic to reawaken its dormant 4 banger inboard 470 mercruiser . The question I have is , and I am taking this seriously , I need parts for the electrical . I need to find the bow control panel for this beast , the electronics are shot . It still tilts the motor up and down , but the rest of the stuff is dead (as in broken switches or corroded or broken terminal ends on the switches) worst of all the battery gauge is fogged over. Its a recessed panel , trolling motor connection/plug , 12/24 switch , running lights switch , motor trim , etc etc , I do not have a picture of it , but I was wondering if anyone would have a idea of where to look , who to ask , websites , anything ... Im thinking of a full resto this winter , but right now I am trying to get it in the water .. any help would be greatly appreciated . Ive looked on ebay , craigslist , greatlakes , iboats .. no luck so far.

2. Member
    Tough item to find. Probably have to piece by piece it with a custom panel honestly...

3. Member
    I definitely appreciate the honesty , I was afraid of something like that , I was hoping someone had a we have everything , buy it all store lol

4. Member
    If you want it completely original you will have a tough time finding the exact parts. Maybe try calling ranger and see what they might know.

Otherwise fabricating your own panels with updated gauges and switches would be functional, and could make it look nice and clean.

5. Member
    Check Greatlakesskipper.com. They have a lot of old/odd boat parts. Even if they match it exactly, they might have something that will work.

we need pics, because pics are worth a lot, so i've heard

Been there done that. Best option is to keep the black shroud if it is salvageable and use anything from a wood grain laminate to starboard material to make a new panel. That battery gauge it trash, no purpose for them on today’s boats, and find a set of switches you prefer to use. Just order them as the need is as a 3 way momentary, 3 way, and a 2 way if needed. You could probably source a meter of some sort but why? You won’t find any of that factory. Just google Marine switches and find your switch needs and find some starboard material and get to cutting and shaping.

I used a wood wood grain laminate as my panel and fit it into the black shroud. New brushed aluminum toggles and there you go. Those really are your only options as there is no new old stock or reproductions. Gotta go custom.