Who has trouble with prop slipping

Running a 1998 Hydrasport 196 with 200 Johnson Venom, 4" Bobs manual jack plate. Prop shaft 3" to 3.5" below pad.
    Just wondering if others consistently need extra cupping to there props to get boat to lift. Renegade 25 and tempest 25 will not lift boat very well. Shooter 27 and Trophy 25 work well.
    Anyone else have similar issues?

2. Member
    Tempest, atleast the ones I've ran, dont lift without some work to them. If you post in the prop forum someone may be able to help you with a prop selection

3. Member
    Thanks

4. Member
    The 4 blades provide more stern lift. I'm not familiar with how Hydrasports like to run, but maybe they run a little more flat and the stern lift helps more than the bow lift.

On my Stratos, my 3 blade Tempest+ provides excellent bow lift, while my 4 blade Trophy provides excellent stern lift. My particular boat benefits most from bow lift, so the Tempest+ prop runs the best on my boat. Your Hydrasport may be the other way around.
    1994 Stratos 201 Pro XL 2004 Mercury 200 EFI

6. Member
    Had poor performance from my 23p Tempest. It was old and lost it's edge. Had the local prop guy adjust the cup and rebuild the edges.

Completely different prop. Significantly better lift, cornering, hole shot, and top speed. It was like magic.

If you dont have a local prop shop, mail it to Mark Croxton.