2007 225 HO Issues

All,

I have a 2007 225 HO Etec (E225DHLSUA). The past couple of times out I have noticed that after cranking it seems to be sputtering some when idling around. Also randomly it takes a couple of times for the engine to fire, almost like its flooded. It will turn over then cut off. Any one have any similar symptoms they might could point me in the right direction with? I am thinking it is fuel related. The boat runs great, no issues with loss of power or anything like that.

Thanks,
    Taylor

2. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    How many hours do you have on the spark plugs?

3. Member
    I replaced them in January.

4. SC Club Moderator ChampioNman's Avatar
    January isn't how many hours, if you fish a lot and are on the water all the time you could be closing in on 100 hours.

5. Member
    :O)

I have maybe 30 hours on them. Sorry!

6. Ranger Boats Moderator jc2bg's Avatar
    I have fouled plugs on G1 E-Tecs in 30 hours. Are you idling much? And do you use XD-100 oil to fight fouling? Running the iridium plugs, a tip to check for fouling is to pull the bottom 2 plugs (these seem to foul the easiest, especially the port bank) and shine a bright led flashlight onto the little iridium disk inside the prong. If you can see a shine, the plug is okay, or at least kind of okay. But if you don’t see a shine, that plug is barely firing or not firing at all.

We fish a lot of waters with extensive no-wake areas, and I used to think that if my engine started to sputter, I needed to immediately replace all 6 plugs. While that is a decent idea, sometimes just 1 plug is the culprit. If that’s the case, you can decide to go all in,or not.
    John Clark — Findlay, Ohio

7. Member
    I got the boat back in April of 2016. The original owner blew a power head running XD-100, when they installed the new PH they changed the setting to XD-50 but he only ran yamalube. So since that is what the engine was used to, I have done the same.

I have idled a good bit lately, looking for ledge fish on the Tennessee river lakes (Guntersville and Wilson).