NMEA 2000 to solix

anyone know exactly what needs to be purchased to hook my pro xs to my solix units?

2. Member
    I have a new 90hp fourstroke, and wanted to do the same.

i bought
    1) a Mercury Monitor (MercMonitor) with the gateway Nema 2k gate way function.
    I got a datalevel 1 monitor to hook to my Solix 12- Verado club parts is a great tech resource for DIY if you buy it through them (they are also on the board here in other forum topics). Link to the monitor itself http://www.veradoclubparts.com/produ...-8m0100793.htm. Typically $550
    2) bought the smart craft cable from the engine smart craft plug to the MercMonitor.
    This is a blue cable that plugs into the “smart craft plug” on your motor, and plugs into the MercMonitor to get all the information from the engine to the mercmonitor, which beyond giving all the gauge views you want, acts as the NEMA 2k gateway.
    typically 75 bucks.
    3) a Nema 2k network kit
    NEMA 2 k with a power cord, and 3 t’s for cabling the MercMon, and your Solix nema 2k together. (Around 30 bucks)
    4) a Nema 2k plug for the hummingbird. Typically around 40 bucks.

All together 550 +75 +30 + 40 = around 600...

Frankly the gauge alone is worth it... the ability to put guages on you solix is cool beans.
    The MercMonitor has has a “troll control” that will do speed over ground of .1 MPH increments if you are like trolling... all good.

basically that’s it, the engine needs that Nema gateway, then you just use the Nema 2k kit to wire them together and you get the engine readings right in the hummer head unit.

one note - if you want water pressure you often have to buy that sensor, it doesn’t come stock on most motors. Also the stock trim sensor is often analog, so you need to swap it with a digital one.
    Last edited by Spotshooter; 06-21-2018 at 10:48 PM.
    2017 Lund alaskan 1800 Side Console 90hp, Lvl 2. Merc mon
    Ultrex iPilot Link, Console Solix Mega 12SI, Bow Helix 12 SI/DI GPS bow, and humminbird 360 / SI on bow..

3. Member
    thanks for the info!