HELIX MEGA SI & MDI Units - PROBLEMS

Aggravated and very disappointed to put it mildly. Could use some help, if there is any.
    But please don't even question my installation. It is more than right thank you.

1) Digital depth crazy
    Just as others have said. For me, around 6' or less the digital depth goes nuts. 6', 2', 84', 3', 6', 7', 92'
    Don't care about sonar or image views in less than 5' of water but I dang sure want to know the depth. What's the problem ??????

2) Double bottom or bottom in center of display.
    I understand some about double bottom returns and that does not bother me as much as the bottom displaying in the center of the display until I move out to about 20'.
    This is NOT right. Once you have established a depth and stop moving from 10-20, or 20-10, or 20-30 etc, the bottom should lock and show on the BOTTOM of the display. What is the value of what I see on half of my display BELOW the bottom? That is jacked up. What's the problem ??????????

3) So yesterday I was idling toward a known brush pile. I was in ~17 - 19'. The got dang digital depth started going nuts again from 17 to 94 to 65 to 18 to 124 to who knows what. Even when it half ass settled down my bottom range on the sonar display was at 120',,,,,, in 18' of water. WTF??
    It got so bad I had to stop and restore to defaults. It then acted ok, or so it seemed. I "tried" to fish for a while instead of jacking with this thing.
    What's the problem ????????

It was not long after that when I started to idle to another spot that this happened......

4) No Down Imaging on SI unit @ helm.
    I had DI earlier that morning, beautiful images in fact. (16-28')
    But now, no matter what source I choose, what freq I choose, my DI is GONE.
    Working fine on the MDI unit @ bow.
    What's the problem ?????

What is the correct settings to choose for DI on my SI unit?
    Under Network Source I can choose either unit.
    Settings are the same for both --- this is with CHIRP Config - ALL ON
    Choosing SI unit ------- MEGA Imaging / 455 / 800 / MEGA CHIRP
    Choosing DI unit ------- MEGA DI / 455 / 800 / MEGA CHIRP

Under SONAR tab - same for either source
    DI CHIRP DISPLAY FREQUENCY
    455 / 800 / MEGA

What does this do for me? >>>>> LOCAL CHIRP CONFIG RESET

You know, I come up here to the fishin camp to get away from work stress, and every other possible interference in my old crippled ass life.
    Being on the lake in my boat fishin, or just bobbing around looking at the surroundings is like Church to me.
    The last thing I need is aggravation.

Unfortunately it looks like I'm fixin to head out there and call Humminbird and spend an hour or 3 on the stinkin telephone.
    Maybe I'll just go fishin and not even turn these headaches on.

TT

"ain't too smart.....but I'm always thinkin"

2. Member
    Mine was acting weird today too, in around 6ft it was jumping all the way up to 1900 ft at times.
    Combo screens seemed to be worse than full 2D.
    They have something out of whack alright.
    Console [HELIX 10MSI G3N || HELIX 10MSI G3N]
    Bow [HELIX 12 CHIRP SI GPS G2N] || RC-2] || [HELIX 10MSI G4N] || [M360 UNIVERSAL MOUNT] || [Mega Live]
    ULTERRA80/US2/IPLINK-60" BT || 2xAS ETH 5PXG || Victron IP67 12V/25A || [NoCo Genius GX2440 24V/40A]
    [X2 GROUP 31] x 3 || [Battleborn 31 lithium]
    Alumacraft Voyageur 175/Yamaha VF115LA

3. Member
    Answer to number 4. I had the DI go out on my helix 10 mega si. It was a sonar board that burn up. It was replace under warranty from humminbird. Now i'm out of warranty and the same thing has happen again. I got quoted around $345 to get the sonar board replace again. This is a bummer. I haven't sent the unit back in because of tournament trail i have coming up. Eventually i'll send it in because i use DI a lot, but it sucks to pay that much for a unit and keep having the same problem. Hope you get yours figure out.

4. Member
    I share my si from my console unit to my front di unit. Sometimes mine will do this also. You just cant get si to show on front unit. I shut mine off and restart it and it comes back. Not the end of the world, but annoying. Theres some glitches with these units for sure. I really like them but sometimes i wanna throw mine out in the lake. Thats tough after spending this much money. Mines a 12 mega si and a 10 mega di on the front.

Still not understanding why I lose my DI on the helm unit. Driving me nuts. Now I’m back home and don’t know how I can troubleshoot it without being on the water.

Doesn’t the Helix SI Mega G2N xducer support DI ?
    If I stow the troll motor do I need to then change the Source for DI?
    Appears there’s a setting Ive not got correct somewhere...

It seems I have to fiddle with the Network Source on the SI unit by selecting / de-selecting the MDI unit and back to the SI unit and back again before it will start showing DI on any display on the helm unit.

I’ve also noticed that the bow unit has often shown a pop up about SI source lost, do you wish to use this unit.....yes or no. This happens with both units powered on.

A MEGA SI unit (both Helix and SOLIX) and ONIX have a transducer with a dedicated Down Imaging crystal. You don't have to share DI from another unit to have dedicated DI at the console.
    Why would you want to share DI from the bow to the console, both have the same DI?
    You certainly cannot share DI from the trolling motor with the trolling motor stowed.
    Wayne Purdum
    Charlottesville, Va.
    Helix 12 CHIRP MEGA+ SI G3N/G4N, Helix 15 CHIRP MEGA SI+ GPS G4N
    SOLIX 12 SI/G3, Helix 8 CHIRP MEGA SI+ G4N, Ultrex 80/LINK, MEGA360,
    MEGA LIVE, LIVE TL

I didn’t “want” to share DI from the stowed xducer. I just wanted to see DI on my helm units screen, so I was mashing any button that had to do with DI I could find. Likely because I’m still not an expert at all this technology sharing stuff.

So are you saying I should have, and always only have, the SI unit selected for DI in the Network Source menu?
    That’s what I figured and that’s how I set it up but the damn thing quit working.

What to do?

I do have my 2D & SI split. Using a thru Hull xducer for 2D