Thumbs Up Wyoming draw is out

We drew speed goat this year. Will be my third trip for antelope, and I am really looking forward to it. Drew one buck and two doe tags.

Now I have to decide what firearms to take. Thinking 6.5 Creedmoor, .300 Blackout, and 10mm. Have taken a number of whitetail with a handgun, and would love to add antelope to that list. We値l see how long I can hold out before grabbing a long gun.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

2. Member
    I only managed to draw the Doe/Fawn tags.
    License TypeResultsArea/Type
    NONRESIDENT DOE/FAWN ANTELOPE
    Successful
    047-6

NONRESIDENT DOE/FAWN ANTELOPE
    Successful
    047-6

3. Member
    What unit? Did you guys have a bunch of points? We’ll be near rawlins on public land.

My wife and I both drew doe/fawn tags. She’s a new hunter and deer around here are frustratingly difficult, so she hasnt taken one yet after working her butt off for several years. Ive never hunted antelope, but a number of people suggested she give it a go to have a good chance of success. The unit we drew has some great trout fishing too so we’ll spend some time doing both.

We are in Unit 73. Staying in Casper. I believe we had four preference points. 73 is a tough area to draw, but has a lot of public access land and some nice goats.

Good luck to you and your wife. It is beautiful country.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

5. Member
    Nice, I looked into 73. Good luck. When you going? We’re thinking second week, which is last week of sept. We may drive out for ease of camping, etc. so far the plan is to camp along the river south of Casper a bit. Its been a while since I drove to wyoming but I recall its a long way.

We plan on being there for opening day. It’s a solid 18 hours for us. Guessing quite a bit more for you.
    Aaron Campbell
    Barling, AR
    2007 Bass Cat Sabre
    2011 Merc 175 Pro XS

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MacIntosh View Post
    What unit? Did you guys have a bunch of points? We値l be near rawlins on public land.

My wife and I both drew doe/fawn tags. She痴 a new hunter and deer around here are frustratingly difficult, so she hasnt taken one yet after working her butt off for several years. Ive never hunted antelope, but a number of people suggested she give it a go to have a good chance of success. The unit we drew has some great trout fishing too so we値l spend some time doing both.
    No points for us we used them last year on buck tags. Felt lucky drawing the doe/fawn tags for unit 47. We have about and 18 hour drive and will be camping in a wall tent.
    good luck on you and your wife's hunt.

8. Member
    31 hour drive for us. Plane flight and rental truck booked!

The fun part is that as a result of this hunt I’ve stumbled into a local PRS club and been able to get onto a 1600meter range. Humbling, but 400 yds doesnt seem that far anymore.

9. Member
    Good luck guys!
    I have Elk in my back yard, couldn't buy a tag, let alone get drawn for one.
    But, I'll keep trying.

Good luck to you guys that drew tags! A speed goat is on my list to hunt. I知 going into next years draw with 6 points along with 6 deer points. Think I might finally apply for a lope tag next year, as the unit I wanted is getting further away with point creep.