Tracker 190tx *oh shi7* moment

I was running the Potomac, still breaking the engine in. I looked back and saw liquid squirting from a line (connects to the a Chinese finger trap style clamp with blue ring). Immediately stopped the engine to see what it was. It was not gas, thank god.

After fiddling with the "clamp" was able to put the hose back into it and continue running with no leak. It looks like the factory put zipties to close to it and did not allow enough slack for left and right turns, thus pull it out of it's clamp. Everything appeared to be fine. Question is, was that the hose for the water pressure or speedo sensor?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Humminbird Helix 12 G4N MDI+/SI+
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

2. Member
    Same thing happened to mine - was the Speedo. I pushed mine back in as well, but i think it needs a new clamp.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

3. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    Same thing happened to mine - was the Speedo. I pushed mine back in as well, but i think it needs a new clamp.
    Must be our year of boat... lol.

How do you like the X7? Did you raise the motor? speed?
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

4. Member
    I have not raised it yet, I plan on slapping a jackplate on it soon, so I figured I wouldn't bother. Maybe raised it 1-2mph over the stock prop? I get about 50-51mph w/two in the loaded boat.
    2020 Nitro Z21 Pro | Mercury 250 Pro XS |Ultrex 36v 112 MDI | Solix G2 chirp/mega SI 10 and 12 |Garmin 93sv UHD w/LiveScope| 8' PowerPole Blades

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pitbully71 View Post
    I have not raised it yet, I plan on slapping a jackplate on it soon, so I figured I wouldn't bother. Maybe raised it 1-2mph over the stock prop? I get about 50-51mph w/two in the loaded boat.
    I'm still in the process of breaking in - I was only able to get 43.5MPH thus far. I'm surprised you're getting 50-51 with just a prop upgrade.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80

Quote Originally Posted by jyu87 View Post
    I'm still in the process of breaking in - I was only able to get 43.5MPH thus far. I'm surprised you're getting 50-51 with just a prop upgrade.
    There may be some differences with the way pitbull71's motor is rigged. The X7 being a stern lifting prop likes to run high. His motor may be mounted in the third hole which raises his motor about an inch compared to being mounted in the second hole. Depending on the prop you have and whether you are running the standard gear case or the CT (Command Thrust) model of your 115 all of that could effect your top end. Of course at break in your motor is tight and your top end will improve as the break in process continues. My boat is a little heavier than yours and my top end is a little over 47 mph (gps) and that's with the older Optimax engine. So either your not propped right or your motor is set to low on the transom or both.

Eat, Sleep, Hunt & Fish

2010 Tracker Tournament V18 18' 3"
    Mercury 115 ProXS 4Stroke Mercury Spitfire X7 Prop 21P
    Minn Kota 80lb Thrust Ultrex.
    6 inch CMC Pro Hi-Jacker
    Humminbird Helix 10 DI G4N W/FFS @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 DI G4N @ Bow
    Humminbird Helix 9 SI G4N @ Console
    Smartcraft Merc Monitor (Basic)

7. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by krr6581 View Post
    There may be some differences with the way pitbull71's motor is rigged. The X7 being a stern lifting prop likes to run high. His motor may be mounted in the third hole which raises his motor about an inch compared to being mounted in the second hole. Depending on the prop you have and whether you are running the standard gear case or the CT (Command Thrust) model of your 115 all of that could effect your top end. Of course at break in your motor is tight and your top end will improve as the break in process continues. My boat is a little heavier than yours and my top end is a little over 47 mph (gps) and that's with the older Optimax engine. So either your not propped right or your motor is set to low on the transom or both.
    Yes, my motor is stock height from the factory. So it's sitting on the transom. Pitbull said his stock as well. That is why I was surprised.
    2018 Tracker 190 TX
    Torqeedo 10.0
    Minn Kota Ultrex 80