Z520ci / 250SHO Summer Prop

Last year, I bought a 27” Bravo1 FS for our 2016, Z520ci. Great prop, but I’m going to order another prop from Rothwell Marine, for the hot summer months in eastern NC. What I’m looking for from Ranger/250SHO owners, is whether I should go with a 24” Fury 4 or another Bravo 1 in a 24” pitch. Interested in a better hot weather hole shot, with the same ease of maneuverability when heavy and keeping the WOT RPM close to 6000.
    Thanks
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

Nice boat COL!

That was the boat I was originally looking for before I settled for my Z520L, there were less than a handful available nationwide and they were in some really funky colors, that and I didn't want to wait 3 or 4 months for a custom build.

Would love to see some photos of your boat!

Alain

3. Member

2016 Ranger Z520CI Pix

Attachment 330105Attachment 330106Attachment 330107Attachment 330108Alain,

Arian,
    This is my 5th and last Ranger, simply because it does everything well and I can use it in fresh, brackish or salt water, courtesy of the differences between the C/L models and the Intracoastal.
    Steve
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

4. Member
    Alain,
    PM me your Email or a number and I’ll send some your way.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

Wow, she's a real looker and I'm full on jealous I didn't have the patience to wait for an Intracoastal!

PM sent,

Alain

Steve. Running the same setup as you. I have a Yamaha 25T1. In the summer time, I drop my atlas JP down around 7 on the dash gauge when taking off. If you have a hot foot make sure you are hitting the rev limiter on the engine and your gear selector is all the way forward. Turning slightly left or right as you're planning out will pop you up quicker also. Have a friend in GA running a 25 tempest with the plugs out having good results.

7. Member
    Thanks Greg
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

8. Member
    I have a different boat but Im really liking the 24p Razor 4 on my sho

9. Member
    I really like the overall performance of the Bravo 1. However, when you fish tidal waters, you are more apt to hit things and the blades on the Bravo are pretty thin. I would like to stay with a 4 blade, so I’m curious if the Fury 4 or the Razor 4 has heavier blades, especially the leading edges. I know the Power Tech RKR4 has heavy blades, but they are also super stiff. Just looking for something in between.
    "Semper Fi"
    USMC (ret)

10. Member
    Razor 4 has thick heavy blades and runs stiff which is why I run a 24p.