Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar

What To Do With Roth?

I am not allowed to contribute to my Roth anymore due to MAGI limits. What are my options with this money? Can I roll them into something else? Just sit and watch it change with the stock market?

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

You can do a backdoor roth if you want to keep adding to a roth vs traditional ira

3. Michigan Bass Club Moderator CGWright's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bluejay10 View Post
    You can do a backdoor roth if you want to keep adding to a roth vs traditional ira
    That may or may not be a good thing. Could raise my tax bracket if my income remains level or goes up.

I'm wondering what I can do with the money in my Roth now...that I can no longer contribute to?

To report any post you disagree with press Alt + F4.

Ya backdoor roth would be if you wanted to fund it again as you pointed out the tax implications it can lead to.

As far as your current investments in the Roth you can keep them as is or change your investment allocation to however you want. There's not much you can do as far as rolling it into something else as far as I know. The IRS rolls says a Roth IRA can only be rolled over to another Roth IRA

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    Could raise my tax bracket if my income remains level or goes up.
    That is not really how the tax code works. Only the dollars above the limits get hit with the higher rate.

Quote Originally Posted by CGWright View Post
    I'm wondering what I can do with the money in my Roth now...that I can no longer contribute to?
    Spend it or leave it. That is basically it.