PANTERA 11 PANTERA CLASSIC CARACAL

OK...
    been thinking about going from my z118 ranger w/150hp to a pantera 11 or pantera classic w/200hp sick of being under powered and very unhappy with single axle trailer on my...Also possibly a caracal could you guys chyme in some please i dont want a huge boat thats why i was thinking between them 2 pantera boats between the two i feel like i like the compartment layout on the classic better... besides the smaller cooler that it has... i know im gonna miss being able to get in cooler from out of boat in garage like i can in my ranger... i figured the caracal was a huge boat but looking at specs its only 19'8" but has 96" beam does that make the boat HUGE on the water fishing skinny stuff and docks and what not?? would like to stay at 24v troller also would that be good enough for the caracal?? the layout looks kick a$$ on the caracal...i have the cat itch big time but holy cow they are hard to find and no dealers close to me at all to go look at some...

I am making the same decision you are. Have ridden in the Classic and Caracal.
    the really small step down on the classic kinda is a big negative to me personally.
    I have about decided to just go Caracal and buy used or new with low end electronics initially
    to get me in the boat. The ride and feel of the Caracal is hard to pass up to me
    Lee Harville - North Augusta, SC
    Boat Sold, looking for first cat -
    classic, P2, or Caracal

3. Member
    I can help between the 2 Pantera's. It was a very tough decision because both boats are awesome. I ended up buying a 2018 P2. Here were my findings and why I made the P2.

P2
    - Shorter on the trailer. It fits in my garage on an angle easier. In fact I can raise the front jack all the way up and it lifts the front tires off the ground ever so slightly so I can push it in and turn it by hand.
    - I'm a traditionalist and like the front deck layout
    - I like the large cooler step up to the front deck
    - P2 has a better livewells system. It's inportant to me in the Florida heat.
    - I'm running 72mph with probably more to spare. Holeshot is incredible. I'm sure the Classic simlar.

Classic
    - slightly better price if no upgrade made. Like the trailer
    - wider and larger front deck
    - I do not like the white only color choice above the rub rail. It does not go with my metal flake color preference. The fish hook is cool though...my opinion.
    - more storage then the P2.

I hope this helps
    Brad Krone

Now this is a very good comparison.

Pantera Classic - new kid in the Pride. Nice rig, larger platform, offset storage lids for rods, narrower beam for trees and docks, efficient design on construction, 30 gallons, reasonable performance, good ride and reasonably dry no doubt. Performance with a 175 Prop XS, 200 V6 and to 200 Pro XS will range out well. Go 200 G2 or 200 SHO and meet the performance of most any rig in this segment or exceed them. Also the new 3" tandem frame will maneuver very easy and ride well on the highway with efficiency and a light weight.

Pantera II - loaded tournament rig with a nice feature and 40 gallons available, fishing platform for a flipper pitch. A conventional floor plan with a nice step and fair rear storage. Performance above anything close, fuel efficiency on the hull unparalleled, place a 200 Pro XS, SHO or G2 and have a really nice ride no matter the choice on engines. Pick your tandem in 4" and move on down the road.

Caracal - opens a whole new dimension up with the wider beam, beam forward design and stay standard fuel tanks for price efficiency, though most don't and opt for rear fuel. Then you have a Premium Series rig with the 225 engines of choice and any will run well on it. As for floor plan, yes it's sweet, and yes it is more cost.

This builds a range of model selection that most would not consider and a step in pricing to match. ESPECIALLY, if you watch your equipment chosen and don't add $20k in electronics, poles and what knots to it.

BCB

5. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TritonBrad View Post
    I can help between the 2 Pantera's. It was a very tough decision because both boats are awesome. I ended up buying a 2018 P2. Here were my findings and why I made the P2.

P2
    - Shorter on the trailer. It fits in my garage on an angle easier. In fact I can raise the front jack all the way up and it lifts the front tires off the ground ever so slightly so I can push it in and turn it by hand.
    - I'm running 72mph with probably more to spare. Holeshot is incredible. I'm sure the Classic simlar.

Classic
    - I do not like the white only color choice above the rub rail. It does not go with my metal flake color preference. The fish hook is cool though...my opinion.

I hope this helps
    Im pretty sure the classic has 90" beam and the pant 11 has a 93"

6. Member
    Correct. The P2 is wider in the back. The Classic carries the width farther forward onto the front deck. The overhead photos on the BCB website shows this pretty well. When I sat in both the front of the classic felt wider.
    Brad Krone

7. BBC SPONSOR
    The additional question should be added about pricing. What is each model priced at given a level playing field. ie, 200HP on the PII, 200 HP on the Classic and 225 HP on the caracal. similar electronics etc. I understand the caracal and the PII are higher levels but given basics what would they be priced at? This would be something to know for your search as well. Price is always something you will consider overall even though you want a certain model, the price may not be conducive to your search. I too am curious about this.
    FTO Marine Supplies
    BBC Sponsor

8. Member
    Correct. The P2 is wider in the back. The Classic carries the width farther forward onto the front deck. The overhead photos on the BCB website shows this pretty well. When I sat in both the front of the classic felt wider.
    almost shocking wider deck on the classic than the 2 id prefer wider in the front than the back so maybe ill consider the classic more than i thought i would

9. Member
    caracal 20k more also
    2022 z519 cup 225 merc 4s ser # 3B210484. 2--hds12 live units. 2 poles, atlas plate, ghost, hamby's, active target, merc digital gauges
    2002 basscat pantera 3 (dad bought new) sold 8-2-22
    2000 stratos 20 ss (bought new) 200 hp Rude ficht great boat/motor sold 11-21
    pulled by a 2500HD Denali
    proud dad of an ARMY Captain
    MAGA
    ASE/GM Master tech before tools

P2

Classic

I hope this helps
    Think he nailed it, Ill add the Caracal column since Ive had mine since Feb 2017.
    Very wide and stable
    Stepping up to a premium boat (latches, resins, lights etc)
    Fits in my 20x20 garage fine at an angle (I hand push it the last little bit)
    Sits high on the trailer, must be power loaded
    Far more stowage
    Day box + net scabbard are a plus!
    Will run 70-76 depending on set up.

People are quick to say they are way more expensive than the above mentioned two rigs, but I have seen alot of them for sale sub 200 hours that were at the price range of the above models if rigged normally (42-48k)
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

11. Member
    You can definitely find a used Caracal with low hours for the same price as a loaded new Classic or PII.
    I seen a Classic with a father and two sons fishing out of it. Fished right pass my pier. Definitely more room than my 2016 PII.
    If you mostly fish alone, I would go PII. If you fish with Co-angler often, than Classic or Caracal.
    I normally fish alone, or with my wife (4'11"). She is a small woman. So we have plenty room. I have owned a 98 Jag. 2014 Eyra. 2011 Sabre, and the 2016 PII.
    My wife likes the PII better than the others. Its kinda the happy median between the others.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

Quote Originally Posted by Cajunhunter67 View Post
    You can definitely find a used Caracal with low hours for the same price as a loaded new Classic or PII.
    I seen a Classic with a father and two sons fishing out of it. Fished right pass my pier. Definitely more room than my 2016 PII.
    If you mostly fish alone, I would go PII. If you fish with Co-angler often, than Classic or Caracal.
    I normally fish alone, or with my wife (4'11"). She is a small woman. So we have plenty room. I have owned a 98 Jag. 2014 Eyra. 2011 Sabre, and the 2016 PII.
    My wife likes the PII better than the others. Its kinda the happy median between the others.
    Why did you leave the eyra platform? Which rig is your favorite of what you have owned?
    "the head, the tail, the whole damn thing"

In my opinion the PII may be the perfect bass boat for the average weekend angler
    Bass Cat Caracal STS / Mercury 300 ProXS
    Jayco Northpoint 377 RLBH
    GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    #ChargeOn #HereWeGo

14. Member
    San Antonio Boat Shop has this one for a pretty good price imo.

DUAL, REMOVABLE CONSOLE
    ULTEX 52" 112 LB 36 VOLT
    HUMMUNGBIRD HELIX 10SI MEGA DASH , 9 DI ON BOW, LINKED
    HAMBY , PRO TRIM, HOT FOOT W/SLIDE
    PADDED FRONT DECK
    UNDER SEAT FUEL W/10 GALLON REAR, 36 GALLONS TOTAL
    UPGRADED CHARGER
    ALL STANDARD FEATURES PER BASS CAT WEBSITE
    TRAILER HAS UPGRADED RIMS
    SWING AWAY TONGUE, W/STEP AND GRAB RAIL
    LED BACK UP LIGHTS
    4 WHEEL DISC BRAKES
    $56500 PLUS FREIGHT, RIGGING,BATTERIES & TTL
    CALL 210-659-7410 OR EMAIL ME AT WT@BOATSHOPSA,COM FOR MORE INFO

15. Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie View Post
    Why did you leave the eyra platform? Which rig is your favorite of what you have owned?
    At the time it was due to the Energy crisis. Total financial decision. Nothing to do with the boat.
    So far my favorite rig would be the PII. It's not as fast as the Eyra, but handles and fishes close to it. I do not fish big water.
    Mostly Oxbow lakes, rivers, or Bayous. The PII is perfect for those type of fisheries.
    If I was to go back to a 20 footer, it would be the Eyra hands down.
    2016 BassCat Pantera II
    Mercury 200 ProXs

16. Member
    The Caracal fishes a lot bigger than it is. I came out of a Phoenix 920 bigger boat air craft carrier deck and don’t feel like I lost much if anything. Only thing I miss is the port and stbd rod boxes doesn’t hold the longer rods as well.
    2018 Bass Cat Caracal
    Yamaha 225 SHO